Broadway Licensing Global and its family of imprints (Broadway Licensing, Dramatists Play Service, Playscripts, and Stageworks) is the global leader in theatrical licensing and distribution. The iconic works represented epitomize the greatest collection of authors, composers, lyricists, and underlying rights holders across the globe including Arthur Miller, Tennessee Williams, Lynn Nottage, Alan Menken, Stephen King, the Bee Gees, The Beatles, and Harry Potter Theatrical Productions.
The Broadway Licensing Global collection of titles represents an astonishing 40 Tony Award® and 49 Pulitzer Prize-winning works. The company leverages its team’s expertise in licensing, theatrical production, theatre education, and content creation to diversify, strengthen, and rapidly expand its portfolio into new sectors and markets. Founded in 2017, Broadway Licensing has quickly scaled and, as of 2022, the company represents 8 of the Top 10 most produced plays in professional theatres and 9 of the Top 10 most produced plays in High Schools.
In 2020, Broadway Licensing Global launched the Emmy Award® nominated streaming platform Broadway On Demand, offering exclusive theatrical content, interactive events, and original programming projected to reach well over 200 million households by 2023. Additionally, Stageworks Productions, the original live stage content creation arm dedicated to the development of innovative, theatrical intellectual properties has developed several world premiere musicals which have been produced in over 90 countries. In all, the combined force of the Broadway Licensing Global family of imprints continues to grow, with a singular goal to make everyone in the world a theatre person.
At Broadway Licensing Global, we value diversity and believe our differences are what make us special. We continuously strive to be a culture of belonging for all team members, with the aim to create an environment where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work.
Broadway Licensing Global is seeking a dynamic and results-driven Director of Licensing to lead our new UK-based office. This role is pivotal in driving the expansion of our licensing operations in the UK and Europe and ensuring the delivery of exceptional customer service for our titles across all imprints. The role will report to the SVP Licensing in the BLG New York offices.
If you are a sales-focused professional with an entrepreneurial spirit and a passion for the performing arts, we want to speak with you!
Job Title: Director of Licensing, UK and Europe
Location: London office (Covent Garden)
Company: Broadway Licensing Global
Position Type: Full-Time
1. Market Expansion Strategy: Develop and execute a comprehensive strategy for market expansion in the UK and Europe, identifying key growth opportunities and market trends.
2. Customer Relationship Management: Build and maintain strong relationships with existing clients, providing excellent customer service and support for all licensing needs for Professional, Nonprofessional, and Educational theater makers and stakeholders.
3. Lead Generation: Proactively identify and cultivate new leads and prospects within the Professional and Nonprofessional markets to drive revenue growth.
4. Sales and Negotiation: Successfully negotiate competitive licensing agreements and contracts to drive revenue growth, ensuring mutually beneficial terms for both the organization and clients.
5. Collaboration: Collaborate with internal teams, including marketing, legal, and finance, to facilitate smooth licensing operations and provide input on pricing strategies.
6. Reporting: Prepare regular KPI reports and analyses to monitor progress, identify trends, and recommend adjustments to the licensing strategy.
7. Compliance: Ensure that all licensing activities adhere to legal, industry, and company standards.
• National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) Level 6 in Business or Sales required;
Level 7 NVQ preferred.
• Proven track record of successful sales and business development in the entertainment, licensing, or related industry.
• Strong understanding of the professional and nonprofessional theatre markets in the UK and Europe.
• Excellent negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Entrepreneurial mindset with a focus on growth and innovation.
• Exceptional organizational and problem-solving abilities.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, CRM software, and general familiarity with database systems.
Link to application details
Olivier Awards Production Administrator (Ticketing)
Customer Experience Team Member
Head of Production