Broadway Licensing Global and its family of imprints (Broadway Licensing, Dramatists Play Service, Playscripts, and Stageworks) is the global leader in theatrical licensing and distribution. The iconic works represented epitomize the greatest collection of authors, composers, lyricists, and underlying rights holders across the globe including Arthur Miller, Tennessee Williams, Lynn Nottage, Alan Menken, Stephen King, the Bee Gees, The Beatles, and Harry Potter Theatrical Productions.
The Broadway Licensing Global collection of titles represents an astonishing 40 Tony Award® and 49 Pulitzer Prize-winning works. The company leverages its team’s expertise in licensing, theatrical production, theatre education, and content creation to diversify, strengthen, and rapidly expand its portfolio into new sectors and markets. Founded in 2017, Broadway Licensing has quickly scaled and, as of 2022, the company represents 8 of the Top 10 most produced plays in professional theatres and 9 of the Top 10 most produced plays in High Schools.
In 2020, Broadway Licensing Global launched the Emmy Award® nominated streaming platform Broadway On Demand, offering exclusive theatrical content, interactive events, and original programming projected to reach well over 200 million households by 2023. Additionally, Stageworks Productions, the original live stage content creation arm dedicated to the development of innovative, theatrical intellectual properties has developed several world premiere musicals which have been produced in over 90 countries. In all, the combined force of the Broadway Licensing Global family of imprints continues to grow, with a singular goal to make everyone in the world a theatre person.
At Broadway Licensing Global, we value diversity and believe our differences are what make us special. We continuously strive to be a culture of belonging for all team members, with the aim to create an environment where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work.
We are seeking an ambitious and experienced Marketing Manager to lead our marketing initiatives in our newest markets: The UK and Europe.
MARKETING MANAGER – UK/ Europe Market
Overview: The Marketing Manager plays a crucial role in promoting Broadway Licensing titles in the professional and amateur licensing marketplace, within the UK & Europe. The purpose of this role is to proactively establish brand visibility, promote awareness of the BLG UK brand and titles, create a pipeline of customer traffic to the BLG website and licensing application, and drive revenue growth. This position involves a dynamic mix of creative, strategic, and administrative responsibilities to support the marketing efforts of the company.
Reporting: All key responsibilities will be in collaboration with ongoing marketing activities in the New York City office. This role will report to the SVP Marketing in New York with a dotted line to the Director of Licensing for the UK/Europe market.
Hours: This role is full-time and will include attendance at conferences, functions, and work-related meetings and events.
Required Skills: Klayvio (email template creation, messaging, deployment), Social Media (Hootsuite, Later, social media content creation, ad placement), MS Word, Power Point, Excel, Canva, Adobe Suite
Additional Skills (preferred): SEO, Google/Paid Ads
1. Market Research:
• Conduct market research to identify trends, target educational, amateur, and professional markets, and competitive landscape within the UK & European marketplace.
• Analyze data and insights to develop informed marketing strategies.
2. Content Creation:
• Create engaging and informative marketing content, including blog posts, social media updates, newsletters, and promotional materials.
• Collaborate with BLG Marketing team to develop visually appealing and persuasive content.
3. KPI Management:
• Align with SVP Marketing on KPIs to track.
• Assess progress with SVP Marketing, adjust KPIs as deemed necessary.
4. Digital Marketing:
• In conjunction with BLG Marketing team, plan and execute online advertising campaigns (Google Ads, social media ads) to reach potential clients.
• Monitor website and social media analytics to track performance and adjust strategies accordingly.
• Advise on ad spend, micro-targeting of ads.
Social Media Management:
• Develop and maintain a social media calendar to consistently engage with the target audience.
• As necessary, create and curate content for various social media platforms (Facebook, X, Instagram, TikTok, Threads, LinkedIn) to increase brand awareness.
• Respond to comments, messages, and inquiries from followers promptly.
6. Print/Digital Ad placement:
• ID appropriate performing arts and educational periodicals (print/digital) for ad placements
7. Email Marketing:
• Create and manage email marketing campaigns to promote upcoming plays, special offers, and industry news.
• Create compelling messages, with successful CTO and CTR rates. KPIs TBD.
• Segment email lists for targeted marketing campaigns.
• Assist in maintaining relationships with existing clients and identifying opportunities for upselling or cross-selling.
• Reach out to potential clients, theaters, and production companies to introduce our play catalog.
9. Event Coordination:
• Plan and coordinate promotional events, webinars, or workshops to engage with the theatrical community and showcase our plays.
• Organize and represent the company at industry events and conferences as needed.
10. Reporting and Analysis:
• Generate regular reports on marketing campaign performance and make data-driven recommendations for optimization.
• Monitor UK marketing budget and expenses to ensure cost-effectiveness.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Sales, Creative, and Licensing departments, to align marketing efforts with business goals.
• Provide input for the development of marketing strategies and campaigns.
12. Compliance and Branding:
• Ensure all marketing materials comply with copyright and licensing regulations.
• Maintain brand consistency in all marketing communications.
Please send resumes to HR@broadwaylicensing.com
Link to application details
Head of Technical Operations
Olivier Awards Production Administrator (Ticketing)