Creative UK's Freelance Champions
In March 2021 the (then named) Creative Industries Federation announced its new Freelance Champions who will advise and steer the Federation’s approach to advocacy, impact and change. The group represents a diversity of experience, drawn from all parts of the UK, all subsectors and at different stages of their careers.
The purpose of the Champions are to:
- Advocate for the creative freelance community
- Ensure that Creative UK campaigns make every effort to give profile and visibility to the diversity and needs of creative freelancers and entrepreneurs
- Develop ideas for a refreshed set of values for the creative industries, which gives support to all parts of the ecosystem
- Share thoughts on where Creative UK's policy and advocacy efforts are best focused
- Guide and inform an industry consultation on a new approach for working with creative freelancers
Over the course of 2021-22 Creative UK are conducting an industry consultation to explore the issues freelancers face, and their potential solutions, in greater detail. If you are interested in participating in these discussions, please contact Evy Cauldwell-French, Development and Partnerships Manager at Creative UK: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Theatre Artists Fund
This charitable fund was set up to provide emergency support for theatre freelance professionals in need of urgent and critical financial support due to the impact of Covid-19. New funding rounds open periodically, please check the website for details: https://theatreartists.fund.