Creative UK's Freelance Champions
In March 2021 the (then named) Creative Industries Federation announced its new Freelance Champions who will advise and steer the Federation’s approach to advocacy, impact and change. The group represents a diversity of experience, drawn from all parts of the UK, all subsectors and at different stages of their careers.
The purpose of the Champions are to:
- Advocate for the creative freelance community
- Ensure that Creative UK campaigns make every effort to give profile and visibility to the diversity and needs of creative freelancers and entrepreneurs
- Develop ideas for a refreshed set of values for the creative industries, which gives support to all parts of the ecosystem
- Share thoughts on where Creative UK's policy and advocacy efforts are best focused
- Guide and inform an industry consultation on a new approach for working with creative freelancers
In November 2022, Creative UK launched Redesigning Freelancing, the UK's largest freelance survey to improve working conditions and drive industry change. If you are a freelancer, or you employ freelancers, you can compete the survey here.
The Redesigning Freelancing survey is open until 9 January 2023.