To support the opening of the Victorian Theatre, including the refurbished East Court, we are recruiting casual Front of House Assistants. The Front of House Assistants will not only support front of house operations within the Theatre but also assist with the wider event program, specifically covering information points during live music, sport, exhibitions, and park events.
The ideal candidate will have experience dealing with customers face to face along with strong verbal communication skills and be available to work occasional weekends, bank holiday and evenings / late nights.
Knowledge of Alexandra Park and Palace events and operations is extremely advantageous.
Work is offered on an as and when needed basis.
Key duties and responsibilities
1. Engage with Alexandra Park and Palace visitors providing an excellent customer service working as part of an effective team. Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Cover welcome desk(s) and event info point
- Respond to enquiries via email, social media, on the phone and in person
- Resolve customer complaints in a timely manner
- Answer and direct incoming calls
- Support with selling tickets and retail items
- Meet and greet clients and meeting attendees
- Assist with event, theatre and ice rink bookings
2. Carry out front line service administration processes and procedures including: lost property, site wide deliveries, post, couriers, customer information, and recording automated phone updates.
3. Prepare front of house units for opening and the start of the day / event close down operations at the end of the day in line with customer expectations including:
- Switching equipment on / off
- Collecting cash floats at the start of the day
- Cashing up at the end of the day
4. Support ad hoc operations duties for the East Court, Info Point, events, ice rink, ticketing and presentation of front of house areas.
• Educated to GCSE level with grades A-C in Maths and English, or equivalent
• Fluent in English language
• Experience dealing with customers face to face
• Experience of resolving complaints
• Experience handling cash and card transactions ideally gained in a retail environment
• Customer focussed
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal
• Ability to prioritise and manage own time
• Friendly and approachable
• Experience working front of house in an entertainment / leisure venue
• Office administration experience
• Knowledge of Alexandra Palace’s operations and events
• Knowledge of health and safety processes and procedures
• Understanding of social media and its uses
This is not an exhaustive list please see the job pack on our website for further details http://theatre.alexandrapalace.com/jobs/ and how to apply
Closing date: Applications shortlisted on receipt