£30k to £35k, depending on experience
National Theatre Wales is seeking to appoint a Producer. This role would suit a dynamic and collaborative Producer with a passion for developing artists and audiences and experience of working across multiple projects to create ambitious new work.
The Producer will support a range of National Theatre Wales’ (NTW) projects and productions. They will work across a number of events, activities and shows, working closely with the NTW Production, Communications, Collaboration, Creative Development, Finance and Fundraising departments. In addition they will develop knowledge of and relationships with artists, companies, venues, performers and production teams and work towards achieving NTW’s artistic ambitions and audience development goals. On some projects the Producer will take the delivery lead, and in others they will work alongside the Executive Producer. They will provide day-to-day producing support, with a particular focus on pursuing future life opportunities including touring and digital distribution.
• Proven experience of developing, delivering and touring productions
• Experience of creating and managing complex project budgets
• Strong negotiation skills and experience of negotiating and writing contracts
• Experience of creating relationships with a wide range of creative partners
• Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines and manage a busy
• A broad knowledge and understanding of contemporary performance and
• Experience of and ability to engage with and use IT systems appropriate to
• Willingness to support NTW’s commitment to equal opportunities and
• Knowledge of the Wales arts scene
• Understanding of utilising digital technology within creative practice and for
• Experience of developing strategies to target new and existing audiences
• Experience of making and securing funding applications in support of
• Knowledge of Welsh-language skills
Closing date – 13th February 2019, 12pm
Interviews – 1st March 2019 – Cardiff (possible 2nd stage interviews on 7th March)
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all backgrounds. Applications can be received in English or Welsh.
For further information, application form, job description and person specification in English or Welsh please visit our website using the link below.