Stratford, Ontario, Canada
With your passion for the performing arts and your desire to become part of the Stratford Festival’s vibrant senior leadership team, you will have a positive impact on the organization as its new Senior Director, Marketing & Audience Development. You will provide sound leadership, strong and creative management, and coordination of all marketing and audience development strategies to achieve or exceed agreed goals.
This unique opportunity will leverage your past achievements and extensive knowledge of marketing and audience development while providing a working environment that is personally and professionally rewarding. The Senior Director, Marketing & Audience Development is a key representative of the organization and a keen advocate of theatre with stakeholders, the community at large and other arts organizations.
Our patrons are our lifeblood – they purchase tickets, make donations, and contribute to the communal experience of live theatre by reacting to the work of our artists. The role of the Senior Director, Marketing & Audience Development is to increase the public profile of the Festival, to introduce new patrons to our work, and to improve patron retention rates.
The Senior Director, Marketing & Audience Development will have a strong understanding of our various patron segments in order to drive attendance and increase brand awareness.
• Minimum 10 years’ relevant and progressive senior-level experience in general management in a relevant B2C
business, preferably in the arts, entertainment, or tourism industries.
• Experience in building an organization’s brand identity through strategic planning and execution.
• Exceptional track record in planning marketing strategies, advertising campaigns, and e-marketing programs.
• Strong understanding of integrated marketing programs that strengthen the brand, connect with key
stakeholders, and inspire ticket sales and affiliation.
• Deeply versed in and extremely comfortable with digital and experiential marketing.
• Experience in corporate sponsorship sales and cultivation.
• Established senior contacts with relevant local, national, and international communities considered an asset.
• Demonstrated knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
• Significant and exceptional project management skills and experience.
• Experience in building, mentoring, and coaching a team of functional experts.
• Alignment with the Stratford Festival’s mission, vision, and values.
• Knowledge of audience development best practices.
• Demonstrated experience in budgeting and financial forecasting.
• Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
• University degree or equivalent education and experience in a field related to business or marketing. Master’s
• Highly articulate, with exceptional team-building skills.
• A passion for theatre.
• Strong organizational management skills: detail-oriented, strategic, creative, entrepreneurial, and disciplined.
• High professional standards, with an acute attention to detail.
• A practical, calm, and creative problem solver and strategic thinker, with the flexibility to react nimbly to the
• Ability to work well under pressure, independently or as part of a team.
• Results-oriented personality with a collegial management approach and high level of integrity.
• Disciplined; accepts ownership with a hands-on approach.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application by emailing your cover letter and résumé no later than May 10th, 2019, to: email@example.com
The Stratford Festival is an equal-opportunity employer, committed to reflecting our city’s and country’s diversity. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.