Belgrade Theatre Coventry
Coventry has won the bid to become City of Culture 2021. There’s never been a better time to join the team!
A unique and exciting opportunity for two Embedded Community Producers to join the Belgrade Theatre to contribute towards a diverse programme of work for Coventry’s City of Culture year in 2021.
These two new full time fixed term positions will help to deepen the Theatre’s relationship with its communities while building a wider range of diverse audiences, creating work that reflects a more varied range of our communities’ experiences, challenging perceptions of our city and further embedding the Theatre as a key facilitator of change in the city. It is envisaged that one of these positions will have a producer focus on Youth with the other having a broader community remit.
• Significant experience in developing and producing community projects, ideally in an arts context however we
are open to considering equivalent, non-arts experience where the skills are transferable
• Experience and strong enthusiasm for working with diverse communities, with arts and culture from a diversity
of communities, and with a varied range of art forms to realise ideas
• For the post working with Youth: experience and strong enthusiasm for working with young people
• Knowledge of, and enthusiasm for, the arts and connecting communities through creative activity
• Experience of pre-production research and development on arts, community or other equivalent projects
• Experience of putting together and managing project budgets
• Excellent presentation and communication skills
• Experience of managing staff or volunteers
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Energy, flair and enthusiasm;
• Flexibility and willingness to embrace change
• Excellent team worker, supporting the work of colleagues as well as inviting support and input in return.
• To be an effective champion of the value of live Theatre
• Willingness to embrace the Belgrade Brand Values. The Belgrade’s character is passionate (energetic), artistic
(creative, inspiring, talented) and warm (honest, open and down to earth)
• Ability to work effectively within a team and to lead, manage and motivate artists, staff, participants and
partners to achieve outstanding results
For more information and to apply, visit www.belgrade.co.uk/jobs and download a job pack.
Deadline for Applications: Mon 24 June, 12noon
Interviews: w/c 15 July