In the region of £30,000 pro rata per annum
Essential Skills and Attributes
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience working within an arts marketing environment, with 2 at a senior level.
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
• Demonstrable experience in driving sales and income.
• Experience in developing sales and audience development strategies.
• Proven ability to lead and work as a member of a team.
• Experience in line management.
• Experience of managing budgets.
• The ability to think creatively with a strong commitment to developing audiences.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build collaborative relationships, and to represent the Playhouse at all levels.
• Strong organisational, administrative and analytical skills.
• Solid knowledge of current theatre practice, companies and artists.
• The ability to multi task in a pressured environment.
Desirable Skills and Attributes
• Degree-level education or equivalent professional qualification.
• Previous experience working with Spektrix.
• A strong knowledge of digital marketing and available online platforms.
• Knowledge of the politics and issues surrounding funding within the Arts.
Oxford Playhouse is recruiting for a job-share (0.5) Marketing Director. Working 20 hours a week, the candidate must have exceptional communication skills and a minimum of five years experience in arts marketing, leading a team and driving sales.
Oxford Playhouse and its Burton Taylor Studio present and produce a wide range of live performance. The programme includes the best of British and international drama, family shows, contemporary dance and music, student and amateur shows, comedy, lectures and poetry. The Playhouse produces and tours its own shows, hosts Artists in Residence, runs a writers' attachment programme and presents Playhouse Plays Out, an ongoing series of off-site events which happen at locations across the county. The theatre's Learning team works with over 15,000 people each year through post show discussions, workshops, work experience, holiday schemes, a youth theatre and a young people’s theatre company.
Salary: In the region of £30,000 pro rata.
Closing date: Noon Monday 17 June.
Interviews: In Oxford Monday 24 June.
For a full job description and application form, please download an Application Pack at www.oxfordplayhouse.com