Glasgow Theatres, Glasgow
£35k - £43k p.a. based on experience
Lead all marketing & communications for the Venue that effectively drive ticket sales and revenue for Ambassador Theatre Group (ATG). Lead the strategic direction and decision making for the Mar-Coms team, managing and inspiring their team members to exceed expectations. Drive the synergy between the Marketing and Communication disciplines and also work closely with central ATG teams on broader marketing initiatives or key disciplines such as Data or CRM. Instil a culture of effectiveness to constantly improve ATG’s marketing intelligence. This is a critical role in driving the impact of ATG’s marketing and communications and is pivotal to our long-term growth strategy.
1. Marketing & Communications Campaigns:
• Responsible for the strategy of all Venue marketing campaigns. Leverage local experience and audience insights,
provided by the Central Marketing team, to deliver ever more successful campaigns.
• To provide leadership and direction to the Venue’s Mar-Coms team in overseeing the delivery of all campaigns
that increase awareness & buzz, ticket sales and ATG revenue.
• Responsible for driving creative marketing campaigns & communication ideas, partnerships, content, and PR
stunts that are highly effective and get widely noticed and talked about.
• Develop the Venue’s media and communications strategy (on/offline), thereby raising the profile of the venue
and its activities in the community.
• Serve as the ultimate Mar-Coms lead for all Producers, Agencies, media or other partners with regard to show or
Venue campaigns and initiatives. Cultivate strong relationships with all producers and third parties.
• Ensure the effective creation, delivery, accuracy and reporting of all Venue and show Mar-Coms campaigns by
the team. Constantly review campaigns and challenge them to be ever more efficient and effective in reaching
• Oversee the strategy, content and management of all social channels with the Communications Manager, to
ensure healthy growth and engagement metrics.
• Working closely with the Membership Manager to establish and implement membership initiatives and offers
that grow this valuable audience. Ensuring all roles within the Mar-Coms team provide specialised support in
growing the membership strategy in-Venue.
• Support the Theatre Director in implementing marketing activity that delivers on sponsorship agreements and
objectives as agreed by the Theatre Director. Harness the full team’s support as required. Provide support &
Marketing expertise to other ATG concepts, initiatives & campaigns as required.
• Engage the Mar-Coms team in providing necessary marketing expertise and support to other ATG concepts,
initiatives & campaigns as required.
• Accountable for excellent long-term relationships with suppliers and for effective return on investment.
• Guardian and champion of the theatre brand at all times.
• To consistently maintain ATG Marketing principles and pricing for all services.
2. Audience & Sales Development:
• Facilitate close collaboration with Revenue Management to constantly evaluate sales performance and consider
initiatives and tactics to improve occupancy and ATP. Ensure the team focus is on shows that offer the greatest
• Play a leading role in forecasting sales & revenue targets, working collaboratively with the Theatre
Director/General Manager and Finance Team to constantly inform and review forecasting estimates.
• Accountable for delivering agreed sales and audience targets for ATG, managing agreed campaign budgets and
• Collaborate with ATG’s Data & CRM team to identify underrepresented audience groups and work to redress
through short and long-term strategies.
• Partner with ATG Marketing & Data teams in identifying opportunities for test initiatives that grow audience
• Oversee all Marketing initiatives such as outbound group sales campaigns to the Contact Centre and work
collaboratively to ensure successful growth.
• Manage an on-sale calendar that seeks to maximise the impact and sales of show announcements and is
consistent and in line with ATG Central processes.
3. Community & Network Development:
• Identify and lead strong relationships with traditional media, online channels, and local influencers
(commentators/ celebrities/ influencers/ bloggers/ social media/ key organisations) and extend the Venue’s
footprint in under-represented communities.
• To support the Theatre Director/General Manager in raising the “glamour profile” of the theatre within the
overall cultural landscape through events, content and partnerships.
• Champion the communications role within the business and influence Producers and Agencies in realising key
activities to raise the profile of shows and the Venue.
• Support ATG marketing teams in identifying opportunities for test initiatives that grow awareness, engagement,
audience and ultimately sales.
4. Reporting & Evaluation:
• Ensure the team adheres to ATG briefing, reporting and other key processes in order to ensure an efficient and
consistent way of operating and learning across the company.
• Create and drive a culture of marketing effectiveness within the local team by instilling the importance and
discipline of reporting and evaluation to support ATG’s collective drive to increase marketing intelligence.
Ensure effective budget tracking & reporting is carried out on all activities.
5. Management & Collaboration:
• Line manage, develop and motivate staff in a manner in keeping with ATG values. Provide specific support to
the Communications Manager, when required, to establish influential relationships in the community, or land
initiatives that will provide valuable exposure and standing for the venue.
• Serve as an active leader in the ATG marketing community by proactively contributing in seminars and cross-
venue initiatives and Centrally-led strategies or initiatives (e.g. Data/ CRM/ Membership).
• Be proactive and collaborative in working with ATG’s Account Director/Managers and other Central teams by
ensuring the processes and procedures required for effective management are conducted in a timely manner by
• Proactively drive good relationships with other Venues for marketing collaboration on shared tours, as well as
broader cross-promotional tactical activity.
• Engage in frequent contact with the Revenue Management and Ticketing teams to discuss dynamic pricing
strategies, tactical discounting, allocations, promo activity and on-sale activity across the programme.
• Liaise closely with the ATG Programming team in planning and launching events and seasons, and in dealing
with producers’ queries.
• Any other duties as reasonably requested to carry out.
6. Key skills, Attributes & Experience:
• An inspiring and persuasive leader with excellent interpersonal skills. Maintain the ability to secure the trust of
Producers and respect of clients for long-term success.
• Highly numerate and analytical in regard to sales, audience data and budget management.
• Considerable experience of project managing complex creative campaigns: generating ideas, driving process and
• An experienced marketing and communications practitioner with a curious disposition to try new approaches
and take calculated risks. An appetite for innovation.
• An attention to detail that ensures theirs and their team’s work is always of the highest standard and
representative of marketing excellence.
• A team player, working collaboratively and professionally with all ATG departments / colleagues and external
Please use the link below to apply online