£20,000 to £23,500 per annum
The PA should assist the CFO in all activity, from managing the CFO’s time, diary and events – to taking autonomous action and leading the project management on delegated activity and responsibilities. The PA will heavily be involved in financial reporting, contract management and IT management as well as support with events, scheduling, attending and following up meetings and time management.
The PA will maintains high standards of professionalism, efficiency, personal communication, discretion and independent judgment. In working with internal and external contacts, including board members, the PA will deal with a wide range of highly sensitive issues under tight deadlines/pressures.
Key to the role of the PA, is supporting and enabling the CFO to have the time to fully manage their departments: Finance, People, Operations, Production and General Management as well as maintain an ongoing dialogue with external investors and stakeholders.
The post-holder will execute and manage the CFO’s schedules, diaries, meetings, guests, travel, accommodation, expenses and tickets. The PA will attend meetings, and follow up with Action Points – and be able to continue conversations on behalf of the CFO in their absence. The PA will be an ambassador for the Company, and a resource for colleagues in the office when the CFO is absent.
The PA will project manage investment events, and support in hosting external stakeholders at gala nights, press nights, ambassador nights, and major functions on instruction from the CFO.
The PA will collate all board meeting documentation, including financial reports, and disseminate to the board ahead of meetings. The PA will also provide shareholder support and liaise with shareholders on key company activity and decision-making. The PA will also maintain the Company records, including resolutions passed and meeting minutes.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Personal Assistant to CFO
- Vigorously manage the CFO’s diary and events, and communicate with colleagues the appointment details.
- Entertain visiting guests, and introduce them to the Company and the office, before the CFO arrives for meetings.
- Ensure all meetings are contextualised and if required documents prepared in advance.
- Minute and action point Finance, People, Operations and Production Meetings and pass on information to relevant attendees or absentees.
- Represent the CFO at events, seminars, conferences, functions, productions and drinks receptions.
- Get tea/coffees for visitors when appropriate, and prepare meeting room ahead of meetings with appropriate paperwork and refreshments.
- Be an approachable, strong ambassador for Selladoor and our ethos of inclusion, engagement and strong relationships.
- Ensure value for money when organising travel and accommodation.
- Liaise with the Executive Assistant to the CEO to co-ordinate diaries and event attendance.
- Proofread, answer, and compose routine correspondence both hand written and electronic, including board communications and other partner related materials; prepare selective summaries and any follow-up actions for the CFO.
- Ensure accurate and up to date information is obtained from the Finance Department and delivered in good time for analysis prior to board meetings, shareholder meetings or investor meetings.
- Generate weekly reports to investors and shareholders based on information supplied by key stakeholders.
- Support the CFO with preliminary calculations and data reporting in a user friendly and readable format.
- Edit and format certain financial documents and reports under the direction of the CFO.
- Proof read incoming contracts from Licence holders, and checking against pre agreed terms.
- Initial drafting of outgoing contracts based on agreed terms for the CFO to approve.
- Develop and maintain digital and paper system of contracts.
Investor and Stakeholder Relations
- Maintain the company’s investment database ensuring accurate records are kept accurate and up to date.
- Provide weekly investor updates to current production stakeholders, fielding enquiries if required.
- Generation of investment packs, including recoupment schedules, under supervision and with support from the CFO and Head of Finance.
- Compose and send monthly investor newsletter and key fact bulletins.
- Manage investment paperwork including contracts, applications and returns.
- Manage the Company’s hospitality and gifting with key stakeholders.
IT and Communication
- Support the CFO in their duties to manage the IT system alongside the Company’s designated IT supplier.
- Act as liaison with the Company’s IT supplier, being primary point of contact in the event of system failure or issue.
- Support the CFO in their duties in administrating the Company’s phone system.
- Maintain the Company’s website ensuring accurate and up to date information.
- Generate monthly newsletters to Selladoor subscribers, collating and composing content.
- Collate and compose content for presentations.
• Excellent IT skills, especially in Excel, where a working understanding of MIN, MAX, IF and COUNTIF formulas, and Conditional Formatting will need to be demonstrated.
• Strong numerical skills.
• Proficiency in grammar, spelling and proofreading.
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
• 2 years + previous experience in managing contracts.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Highly organised.
• Highly resourceful team player with the ability to be extremely effective independently as well.
• Strong organisational skills.
• Database management skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure.
• Excel VBA and PivotTables.
Please visit our website selladoor.com/about/jobs to apply.
Please note that selected candidates will have to complete an Excel based task prior to their interview.