£23,000 - £25,000 per annum, according to experience
Desk Tidy Design is a small studio specialising in design, creation and identity for the theatrical arts. Founded in 2011, it was our aim to help smaller theatre companies by offering dynamic, professional artwork with an attentive, personable experience.
As those companies have grown and developed, so have we. Desk Tidy now produces artwork for some of the biggest theatre makers in the country, including Selladoor Worldwide, the National Theatre, Headlong, Graeae Theatre Company and the Hackney Empire. But we’ve not forgotten where we started, and still proudly work with some of the most exciting fringe and promising theatre companies working today.
We are looking for a Junior Graphic/Web Designer to join our growing team and make an impact on the exciting work we produce. Working closely with the Senior Graphic Designer, you will drive forward our web design offering and expanding our services portfolio. The Junior Graphic/Web Designer will be passionate, direct and ambitious and will cope with challenging situations calmly and clearly.
• Work with the Senior Graphic Designer to create new interactive websites and pages, pushing the limits of what is possible with HTML5, CSS3/SASS/LESS, jQuery and other cutting- edge technologies. The post holder will be expected to write custom, modular front-end code using HTML5, CSS3, and W3C coding practices.
• Adapt artwork to design websites and interactive web content for various client accounts (i.e. website promoting a production’s UK tour).
• Focus on user experience and usability in all design work, with a knowledge of working practices such as persona validation, user journey identification and modelling.
• Design templates and style sheets for other online promotional material such as marketing emails.
• Design and create interactive visual assets for various social media, and other 3rd party platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
• Assist the Senior Graphic Designer in creating branding, sales and marketing collateral for clients in a range of industries. This could include corporate brochures, posters, signage, pop-up stands and logos etc.
• Ensure all artwork produced meets the needs, requirements and brand values of each client.
• Liaise with clients to discuss their requirements - and help to resolve any issues related to the work produced.
The above is not a definite list and the Graphic/UI Designer should expect to perform any other duties in order to facilitate the expansion of the business.
KEY SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE
• Working experience with Adobe Creative Suite (CC), especially Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
• Knowledge of UX/UI design methodologies, including User Journey identification and modelling, and persona validation.
• Established portfolio of work (with a strong focus on web design), even if the candidate is a recent graduate.
• Excellent communication skills - both technical and non-technical.
• Ability to manage a diverse and unpredictable workload.
• Strong organisational and communication skills.
• Degree in Graphic and/or Web Design.
• Experience in a digital agency is preferable.
• An interest in and understanding of (musical) theatre industry.
To apply, please send the latest copy of your CV accompanied with a covering letter to email@example.com