The Mermaid Conference Centre
In this senior position, the successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day management of the in-house technical team delivering events on a daily basis. The role also includes the management of key accounts and large events at the venue in an operational capacity. Operational and financial reporting and maintaining a close liaison with the SW19 based WL events team to ensure smooth delivery of larger projects on site. The successful candidate will work closely with the Venue Sales Manager in winning new work for the Venue.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience within a range of event scales and genres. To be considered you must have excellent people management skills, the ability to work closely with clients and a practical technical understanding of the latest production technologies and processes within the live events sector. An experience of managing and operating Crestron integrated systems will be an advantage.
In addition, candidates must have experience managing relationships with a venue as an in house supplier.
The successful candidate should be driven, motivated and enthusiastic, working closely with the WL senior management team to develop an established brand and promote a fresh, contemporary delivery mechanism. You should also be a team leader, with skills to motivate your support team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
You will be required to have a full appreciation of AV, lighting, sound, staging and rigging, and work with the company to develop, promote and develop the brand.
Day to day duties will include but not limited to:
• Management of department and personnel including performance management.
• Liaison with clients and attending client meetings and show rounds
• Preparation and administration of proposals and operational/financial reports
• Liaison with the venue sales departments, reporting and strategy development.
• Overall Management of all aspects of Health and Safety in technical delivery.
• Direct line management of all WL staff at the venue.
• Management of in house and brought in equipment and assets.
• Proven IT skills, including use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access applications and PowerPoint). Working
knowledge of an internal e-mail system and electronic diary is essential.
• Previous experience of managing a team of staff in the technical delivery of events
• Previous experience an in house Venue Management role
• Very strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Financial acumen, budget setting and working to targets
• General understanding/awareness of all aspects of technical event production including lighting, rigging, audio,
video, set design and build, filming and live streaming.
Personal Competencies and Behaviours
• Ability to interact effectively at all levels
• Relating to others and working as a member of a team.
• Deadline conscious-highly organised with the ability to prioritise and multi-task. Managing a challenging workload
and meeting strict deadlines
• Willing and flexible approach, with the ability to work on own initiative
• Excellent time management and planning skills, forward thinking and able to add value.
• Maintain WL confidentiality at all times
• An awareness of health and safety policies, risk assessments and be proactive in implementing them
• To carry out your duties/responsibilities in a manner that reflects the Core Values of White Light at all times
White Light Key Policies and Core Values;
• Maintain WL confidentiality at all times
• To represent the company in a courteous and appropriate manner in all circumstances
• To follow correct procedures at all times and to follow the policies laid out in the staff handbook
• An awareness of health and safety policies, risk assessments and be proactive in implementing them. Demonstrate
knowledge of health and safety matters in relation to work related tasks and ensure that relevant Health and
Safety guidelines are adhered to at all times
• To carry out your duties and responsibilities in a manner that reflects the Core Values of White Light at all times
Apart from the duties summarised in this job description, we retain the right in consultation with the post holder to include other reasonable duties, which are part of, and incidental to, this type of work. ¬
To apply, they will need to send a CV and covering letter with salary expectations to email@example.com