Sonia Friedman Productions
Sonia Friedman Productions (SFP) is a West End and Broadway production company responsible for some of the most successful theatre productions in London and New York. Since 1990, SFP has developed, initiated and produced over 160 new productions and together they have won a staggering 48 Olivier Awards including a record-breaking 14 at the 2014 Awards. In 2017, SFP won 9 Olivier Awards for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, the most awards ever received by a single production in Oliviers’ history. The company has also won 33 Tonys and 2 BAFTAs.
We are looking for an exceptional individual for the post of Deputy Head of Creative Development (Maternity Cover), which will present an opportunity to join SFP in a fixed term position to provide immediate maternity cover for the duties of SFP’s Head of Creative Development. The successful candidate will have experience working within, or with, a theatre production company, helping to shape the artistic output of the company and nurturing the process and progress of development projects from the early stages of creation towards production.
Key responsibilities will include:
• Creative Producing: To work closely with Sonia Friedman in the selection and commissioning of projects. To be able to draw upon one’s own in-depth knowledge of the industry, both established and up and coming talent.
• Dramaturgical Support: Providing professional critique of scripts, workshops and productions. Keeping abreast of work within and fostering relationships with other arts organisations in London and further afield.
• Creative Liaison: Liaising and meeting with contacts across the breadth of the industry to instigate and progress development projects towards green-light.
• Rights Deals and Contracts: Negotiating option and commission deals.
• Development Coordination: Organising and running readings, workshops and castings for development projects.
The ideal candidate will:
• Have an excellent knowledge of theatre, both historical and current, and its practitioners
• Have a proven interest in creative producing.
• Have relevant previous experience, although not necessarily in the same role.
• Have excellent literacy, communication and computer skills.
• Be highly organised and remain calm under pressure.
• Have a flexible approach to work and an ability to work to deadlines.
Please use the link below to apply online.
SFP strives to be an equal opportunities employer.