The Point and Berry Theatre
The Point and Berry Theatres are looking for an experienced Creative Learning and Participation Manager to lead a new team working across dance, theatre and other performance genres. This is a new leadership role that will work across the two venues in delivering an innovative and ambitious creative learning offer across the Borough of Eastleigh.
Based at The Point Eastleigh the role plays a key role in the planning, resourcing and delivery of access to high quality arts experiences, participation, training and education, whilst developing sustainable income streams. The role is responsible for delivering ambitious growth through key strategic partnerships with education and community partners.
This is a key role to drive forward the creative learning offer and we are looking for someone with at least 3 year’s management experience in a creative context and who is able to motivate and mobilise a small team and a pool of freelance artists in the context of a busy venue. This person needs to be dynamic, tenacious, forward thinking, having exceptional attention to detail and an entrepreneurial attitude.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE DUTIES
Create and implement a robust and aspirational Creative Learning and Participation plan in consultation with the Artistic Director and Business Manager with input from additional colleagues and stakeholders. Develop meaningful networks to ensure building resilience and sustainability for the resulting programme of activity.
To be successful in this role you will have the following essential experience:
• Experienced in the field of creative learning and participation in the arts
• Current knowledge of the arts and culture sector with particular emphasis on the performing arts
• Knowledge of best practices when working with young people, vulnerable adults and diverse groups
• An ability to champion change and oversee cultural change within a community
• An ability to innovate and develop new models of delivery and take managed risks
• A thorough understanding of the formal education sector and the needs, challenges and opportunities for schools and an understating of community arts programming
• Experience of business and operational planning including scheduling and co-ordination of successful programming across a range of spaces, contexts, departments and art forms
• Ability to motivate and empower a small team
• Ability to identify and build excellent professional relationships at a leadership level with key stakeholders
• Experienced in identifying and securing external funds
• Thorough project management, financial planning and analytical skills
We are keen to hear from candidates who can exhibit the following skills and qualities:
• Problem solving
• Communication & interpersonal skills
• Forward thinking
• Attention to detail
If you are excited by this opportunity and feel you have the skills, experience and attitude we are looking for we would love to hear from you.
At Eastleigh, we are committed to supporting and developing all our staff and creating a culture that is inclusive, innovative and enjoyable. We offer excellent opportunities for continuous professional development and support our staff in maintaining a good work life balance through our innovative flexi time system. We also have excellent package of benefits including:
• 25 days annual leave dependant on service
• Flexible working arrangements and ability to accrue up to 2 days additional flexi leave per month (subject to operational requirements)
• Defined Benefit Pension Scheme
• Places Leisure, Eastleigh – 30% off Full Membership
• Confidential Employee Advice and Support Programme
• Car and Season Ticket loans
• Excellent working environment
• Support for continuous professional development
• Good work life balance
For more information on the vibrant programme we currently offer please go to www.thepointeastleigh.co.uk
For an informal discussion please contact Sacha Lee - firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information and to apply please visit www.eastleigh.gov.uk/jobs/current-vacancies