The Point and Berry Theatre
Eastleigh Borough Council is an ambitious and progressive council. We are recognised for our innovation and achievements, and for delivering high quality services to our customers and the community. We are constantly evolving and we have just completed a major transformation programme that has changed the way we work to ensure a smarter and more efficient approach to service delivery.
The Point & The Berry Theatre are looking for a highly organised Venue Manager to join its team. Working across venues in Eastleigh and Hedge End, this is a great opportunity for a motivated enthusiastic team player who possesses a passion for the arts and a positive can do attitude.
The successful candidate will have a track record in Venue Management and operations and a comprehensive knowledge of health & safety policies and regulations in a theatre or public building environment.
This role is required to work at The Point, Eastleigh and The Berry Hedge End as well as occasional external festival locations across Eastleigh Borough. Please note that some evening and weekend working is an integral part of the job.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE DUTIES
The role is responsible for the successful sales and delivery of hires and lettings as well as the day to day operational management of The Point & The Berry Theatre; ensuring buildings are safe and fit for purpose. Liaising with the Facilities, Property Services and Health & Safety Teams, this role will take a lead in maintaining the buildings and ensuring that all activity is well planned and executed to a high standard. This role is required to work across 2 venues.
To be successful in this role you will have the following essential experience:
• Excellent knowledge and understanding of customer care and the drive to exceed expectations
• Good knowledge of budgets and financial planning
• Good knowledge of health and safety, checking and reporting
• Excellent management and interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal and written skills with attention to detail
• Record of achieving or exceeding sales and financial targets whilst margins and quality standards
• Ability to think creatively and anticipate, negotiate and solve problems to ensure the successful running of all venue hire spaces
• Evidence of business acumen and in particular commercial understanding and experience of income generation
• Extensive experience in building, event management and sales
• Proven experience in a similar role including demonstrable event sales, operation and marketing experience.
• Interest in the arts
• Commitment to Eastleigh Borough Council’s values.
• This role will require working some unsociable hours for which time off in lieu will be given for hours worked above contract.
• Knowledge of H&S legislation (essential)
The following is desirable experience
• Knowledge of box office, staff scheduling systems (desirable)
We are seeking an individual who can demonstrates the following behaviours:
Behaviour framework for general staff:
• Adaptability and flexibility
• Customer Service
• Personal Improvement
• Taking Responsibility and Achieving Results
• Working with others Communication & interpersonal skills
Behaviour framework for managers:
• Change management
• Financial and resource management
• Leading, motivating and developing
• Project management
• Service delivery and continuous improvement
• Strategic management
• Problem solving
• Communication & interpersonal skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• Calm under pressure
• Ability to deal with multiple projects with varied deadlines
If you are excited by this opportunity and feel you have the skills, experience and attitude we are looking for we would love to hear from you.
At Eastleigh, we are committed to supporting and developing all our staff and creating a culture that is inclusive, innovative and enjoyable. We offer excellent opportunities for continuous professional development and support our staff in maintaining a good work life balance through our innovative flexi time system. We also have excellent package of benefits including:
24 - 27 days annual leave dependant on service
Flexible working arrangements and ability to accrue up to 2 days additional flexi leave per month (subject to operational requirements)
Defined Benefit Pension Scheme
Places Leisure, Eastleigh – 30% off Full Membership
Confidential Employee Advice and Support Programme
Car and Season Ticket loans
Excellent working environment
Support for continuous professional development
Good work life balance
For an informal discussion please contact Louisa Milburn, Louisa.Milburn@eastleigh.gov.uk 023 8062 7822
For further information and to apply please visit www.eastleigh.gov.uk