Parents & Carers in Performing Arts
Home based anywhere in the UK
Parents & Carers in Performing Arts (PiPA) believes that a truly world class performing arts is inclusive of all talents and circumstances. We work together to amplify the voices of parents and carers and encourage a new mindset, that parents and carers enrich the performing arts. We show what’s possible by working in partnership with organisations to find new ways of working that are inclusive of parents and carers. In just five years we have established an industry-led Best Practice programme of change management with over 40 leading performing arts organisations taking part.
Purpose of the role
The Operations and Finance Manager is a core member of the small PiPA team, who is responsible for providing effective operational support in managing and leading the organisation. The main functions of the post are to prepare monthly management accounts, annual and project budgets, maintain rigorous policies and procedures, provide support with recruitment and support the joint-CEOs and Board of Trustees as required.
This role would suit someone who can communicate confidently at all levels, has a meticulous eye for detail, a passion for numbers and who thrives in a fast-paced working environment. This is a role at a growing organisation that punches above its weight, with high levels of responsibility for an ambitious candidate.
In return we proactively promote work-life balance, offer 25 days annual leave plus public holidays, pro-rated to hours worked, and provide a high degree of flexibility and autonomy in the role.
Operations and Finance Manager person specification:
· Highly numerate with previous experience in a similar role of minimum 2 years.
· Understanding the principles of double-entry bookkeeping and restricted funding.
· Experience of liaising with HMRC and payroll.
· Ability to analyse budgets, forecasting and possible outcomes to establish the most effective course of action.
· Experience of producing management reports.
· Excellent and clear communication skills, both verbally and written
· Excellent standard of IT, and administration skills including Microsoft Office.
· The ability to plan, prioritise and manage a complex workload and work under pressure.
· Ability to work as a member of a team.
· An AAT- NVQ4 bookkeeping qualification or able to demonstrate an equivalent level of attainment through significant experience in a similar role
· Understanding of VAT rules
· Line management experience
· Project Management experience
· Experience of producing Board papers.
· Experience of working in Office Administration for a Senior Manager.
· Experience of using Xero software.
· A positive, pro-active attitude.
· Previous experience in the charity/ arts sector.
Main duties and responsibilities
· Manage effective bookkeeping systems and procedures and oversee annual and charity accounting services.
· Maintain and monitor internal financial controls processes and systems, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, policies and procedures to ensure that PiPA’s day-to-day operational activities are in-line with budgetary allocations.
· Maintain financial records of income and expenditure across all budgets including restricted budget monitoring and management.
· Process monthly payroll and pension contributions.
· Prepare monthly cashflow and management reports, to actively monitor and understand budget variances.
· Manage bank account, reconciliations and transactions.
· Prepare documents and schedules for annual accounts liaising with accountants.
· Work with CEOs to proactively mitigate financial and legal risks to the organisation and trustees.
· Ensure PiPA activities are GDPR compliant, meet board policies and directions, criteria by funders, as well as legislative requirements.
· Coordinate organisation of board meetings, including preparation and dissemination of board papers, agendas and supporting documents.
· Minute taking at board meetings and timely circulation of minutes afterwards.
· To fulfil the role of Company Secretary, ensuring compliance with all statutory requirements as a charity.
· Maintaining effective administrative systems.
· Line management responsibilities for the Communications Officer
· Maintaining up to date contact lists for all PiPA Partners, Ambassadors and associates with the Communications Officer.
· Managing the recruitment, contracting and induction process for all posts
· Manage holiday leave, TOIL and general PiPA HR systems
· Develop policies and procedures in collaboration with CEO, in areas encompassing but not limited to, finance and accounting, HR, GDPR, IT, conflict of interests, expenses.
· Ensure effective development and administration of IT systems, such as databases, email, cloud filing, back-up and online communication tools including Teams, Skype, Zoom as well as web/video/audio conferencing systems.
· Procure IT equipment, Microsoft Office subscriptions and warranties.
· Purchase company phones and contracts as required.
Hours: 21h pw. Part-time, flexible, home based anywhere in the UK
All Deaf or disabled candidates who demonstrate that they meet the essential criteria for this role will be invited for interview.
To apply for this role please:
· Tell us in no more than 600 words (in total) how your experience to date will enable you to deliver each of the four key areas of the role: finance, operations, HR and IT
· Tell us in no more than 150 words how you will help contribute to PiPA’s mission to increase inclusion and diversity in the performing arts.
The deadline for submissions is 10am Thursday 26th November
· Long listed candidates will be sent two short tasks to complete.
· On completion, a short list of candidates will be invited to interview via Zoom.
· The role will start as soon as possible to be decided with the successful candidate.
PiPA is always looking for brilliant people that believe in our mission and who can contribute to our team in different ways. We are committed to bringing inclusive career opportunities to people currently underrepresented in the performing arts. We want to hear from people with a wide variety of lived experience who can bring their skills and passion to PiPA.
Please send your application in one document, as well as a CV and completed Equality and Diversity Monitoring form, downloadable, to Deborah@pipacampaign.com by 10am Thursday 26th November. If you have any questions about the application please email firstname.lastname@example.org.