04 February 2021
Warts and All Theatre
Delapré Abbey, Northampton
The Executive Director is a new senior management role working closely with the Artistic Director/Chief Executive Officer, to bring unified leadership, direction and delivery of the Company’s strategic vision. Leading on the Company’s business planning and delivery, this role will amplify Warts and All Theatre’s people and process led approach at the heart of the Company. The role is accountable for the design and implementation of a set of systems that enable Warts and All Theatre’s artistic activities.
The role will oversee the management of a strong culture delivered through HR, staff development, wellbeing,
operations and finance management, with responsibility for, operations management, compliance, contracts, finance and HR management. The post-holder will operate as Company Secretary and will be responsible for fundraising in close partnership with the Artistic Director/ CEO, with line management responsibility.
Warts and All Theatre is halfway through an ambitious Organisation Development project and
this role will be instrumental in the success of the Business Plan.
• Understanding, appreciation and adherence to the Values, Principles and Culture of Warts
and All Theatre
• Minimum 7 years experience in the arts sector
• Experience in managing a team with responsibility for business processes and systems
• A leadership style that combines creativity with a pragmatic approach to delivery.
• Proven track record in managing multi-year budgets and projects of small to large scale
• Experience in reporting on funding bids to trusts and foundations, and the reporting
processes associated to them.
• Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills, working with Artists, Practitioners,
Communities, Young People and Funding bodies
• Knowledge of HR, Governance, GDPR and relevant statutory legislation
• Excellent organisational and administrative abilities in developing and implementing
effective systems and processes
• Degree educated or a mixture of relevant experience and qualifications
• An appreciation of the arts and their value in community-driven co-created arts and
• A knowledge of the local, regional or national arts landscape.
• An understanding of current trends in theatre, specifically in relation to Arts Council
England’s Lets Create Strategy.
• Ability to travel to various locations.
Complete part 1 and part 2 of the Warts and All Theatre Employment Application form.
• Complete the Warts and All Theatre Equal Opportunities form.
• Application Deadline: 10am on Wednesday 3rd March 2021
• Completed applications should be submitted to Hello@wartsandalltheatre.co.uk with
“Executive Director Application” in the subject.
• Interviews for successfully shortlisted candidates will be held on Wednesday 10th
March via Zoom, with 2nd round interviews (if required) taking place on the afternoon of Friday 12th March 2021.
• Remember to actively demonstrate in your written application how you are able to fulfil
both the essential and if possible the desirable duties of the role.
• If you would like to discuss the role in more detail, or have an informal conversation
please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a time.
• We are open to alternative and accessible recruitment processes, and if you feel that
there is an alternative way you would like to apply for the position (Video application for
example), which might demonstrate your suitability please contact us to discuss
Warts and All Theatre’s approach to inclusiveness puts diversity at the forefront of its activity. Through the programmes and projects we deliver and the talent we develop, we actively celebrate diversity, promote equality, and challenge discrimination.
We are committed to widening access and promoting Equality and Diversity among our staff. We are particularly interested in hearing from people who are under-represented in the arts sector due to their socio-economic status, ethnic background or disability and from people with lived experience of migration, because we would like to increase the representation of these communities at Warts and All Theatre. Equally, we are committed to providing a welcoming, accessible, inclusive and positive experience for all participants, and for all team members and volunteers – regardless of age, disability, sex, gender, sexuality, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy, maternity, paternity, race, religion, belief, or socio-economic background.
03 March 2021