Anthology Theatre Productions
Circa £45,000 per annum, depending on experience
Anthology Theatre began its life in 2002 when Bob Benton started supporting and investing in productions. Since then, we have grown into a business that commissions, develops, produces and invests in theatre, while offering advisory services across theatre and live entertainment.
In 2020, Anthology Theatre relaunched as a full-scale production company, producing and managing its own work under Managing Director & Executive Producer, Lil Lambley. We are looking for a dynamic, team-focussed General Manager to help deliver an exciting slate of productions in the West End, and on UK and International tours.
JOB TITLE: General Manager – Anthology Theatre Productions Ltd (ATPL)
REPORTING TO: Lil Lambley – Managing Director and Executive Producer
LOCATION: Central London / remote attendance where required
CONTRACT TYPE: Full time. Fixed term until June 2022 at the earliest.
• To negotiate and/or oversee the preparation of contracts for the production against then- current union agreements, including actors, creatives, stage management and production teams and other staff.
• To prepare co-production and joint venture agreements as required.
• In conjunction with ATPL staff and Production Manager, securing creative teams and show staff for each production.
• In conjunction with the casting team, managing casting processes and organising and managing auditions.
• Act as liaison with the venue and performing company whilst locally or whilst on tour
• Directly manage the show team when in production and oversee any HR issues, ensuring pastoral care is of the highest level and general wellbeing of the company is maintained.
• To be responsible for keeping abreast of and advising on current Union Agreement and ensuring company adherence to then-current rates and regulations
• To prepare and manage production budgets (including transfers, readings and workshops), and, together with ATPL’s finance team, control financial processes (including invoicing, payroll and royalties) to ensure that resources are managed effectively within financial constraints including swift and accurate authorisation and signing of invoices and review of weekly payrolls.
• To work with ATPL’s finance team on production accounts, financial statements and tax claims as required.
• Attending read throughs, run throughs, workshops and productions, overseeing all technical rehearsals, previews and press nights as necessary.
• To be the first to deal with any problems as they might arise on the production, escalating to the Executive Producer as applicable.
• To oversee the organisation of travel, visas, accommodation and per diems for the production in collaboration with international partners.
• Negotiating and drafting co-production, transfer and investment agreements in consultation with the Executive Producer
• Arrange appropriate insurance for the production.
• Line manage production assistants as required.
• Being the first point of contact for actors’ and creative teams’ agents on general management production issues
• Such other duties as may reasonably be required.
• At least 5 years’ experience of a management position in theatre production.
• Experience in international touring, preferably including the Middle East.
• Excellent written, verbal communication and numeracy skills.
• Proven ability to deliver work within budgetary constraints.
• Willing to take on leadership responsibilities and with the ability to work on a varied and heavy workload and to juggle competing priorities.
• Tact, diplomacy and discretion.
• Eye for detail and accuracy.
• A flexible approach to working hours.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel. Essential to be accomplished with complex spreadsheet formulas for documents such a royalty pools and recoupment schedules.
• Experience of theatrical marketing and press campaigns.
• Experience of casting and recruitment processes.
To apply please email an up-to-date CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 3rdMay.
We particularly welcome applications from black, asian and minority ethnic candidates, LGBTQ+ candidates and candidates with disabilities.
To find out more about Anthology Theatre please visit our website: www.anthologytheatre.co.uk.
If you have any further questions about the role please get in touch.