£18,529 - £19,623 per annum, pro rata
The Box Office Assistant is a highly customer-focused role providing an efficient and effective box office and reception service for all Warwick Arts Centre events acting as the first point of information to all Arts Centre Visitors.
Box Office Assistants provide an efficient ticket sale and reservations service; gather and record marketing data and deliver an excellent customer experience.
Box Office Assistants are required to maintain a calm and professional approach in a pressurised and busy office environment and are required to share sometimes complex information on many events and activities, always maintaining a strong brand message to Arts Centre visitors.
Box Office Assistants maintain communication between customers (including students, conference delegates/visitors’ enquiries) and liaise with internal departments to ensure the continued smooth and efficient operation
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Ticket Sales and Reception Services
• To deliver an excellent standard of customer service through the Box Office and reception to ensure that all customers are dealt with in a prompt, positive and professional manner.
• To administer ticket sales, bookings, and reservations (in person, online, telephone) for Warwick Arts Centre and, from time to time, other venues.
• To deal with day-to-day customer related queries as required (may include parking, travel directions, ticketing, etc.).
• To sell merchandise as required such as theatre tokens and programmes.
• To be familiar with all performance and ticketing information and effectively communicate all concession offers and special promotions, undertaking cross selling as required, and maximising ticket income at all times.
• To obtain details of any access requirements/requests to facilitate the customers visit.
• To notify customers in the event of cancellations and event changes as necessary and action accordingly with diligence.
• To review and monitor customer age restrictions on performances ensuring no tickets are sold in contradiction to the terms.
• To assist in communicating arrangements for group bookings and arrange invoicing i.e., school parties.
• To communicate with artistic companies and promoters on the day to ensure that visiting company complimentary ticket allocations are processed.
• To be responsible for processing ticket sales, exchanges, and refunds.
• To process payments including credit/debit card transactions, always following Warwick University procedures.
• Where necessary instruct the Finance Assistant to arrange internal transfers, invoices, purchase orders, providing all necessary information.
• To reconcile financial transactions daily in preparation for banking and being responsible for all takings.
• To maintain effective communications with internal departments to include Front of House, Programming, Technical, Gallery, Creative Learning, Marketing, Finance.
• To liaise with other internal Arts Centre departments with performance requirements and communicate customers’ needs, e.g., access requirements to FOH.
• Always maintain the security of the ticketing system (confidential data).
• Ensure compliance, at all times, with current legislation such as GDPR, DDA, licensing and Health and Safety, and assist with the evacuation of specified areas in emergency situations.
• To maintain and update the mailing list database.
• To provide accurate information and reports on all sales, complimentary tickets, concessions, and total income as required.
• To obtain, record and report back accurate customer feedback.
• To receive and handle Lost Property following Warwick Arts Centre lost property procedures.
• To provide casual staff with day-to-day support in undertaking their roles and, in the absence of a supervisor, assist in training of new casual/temporary staff.
• To attend Box Office briefings, meetings, performances, and trailer screenings as required.
• To ensure awareness of the systems and processes in place including complaint procedures and technology troubleshooting.
Marketing and Fundraising
• To ensure accurate customer mailing data and marketing information is captured and always recorded.
• To assist the Sales & Box Office Manager and Marketing Director in supporting and delivering Warwick Arts Centre’s CRM strategy.
• To support the sales of membership schemes.
• To support the sales of theatre packages which may include tickets and merchandise/drink/food etc.
• To support fundraising campaigns as directed.
• To assist with undertaking data pulling, mailing results analysis, and reports, from time to time, as required (to include daily sales figures for promoters).
• To assist with telesales campaigns for marketing as required, to include cross selling and up-selling initiatives and chasing late repayments from customers.
• To assist with marketing campaigns if required.
• To assist with undertaking audience research as required.
• To contribute to marketing meetings/planning/evaluation when required.
• Undertake any other duties as reasonably required to deliver the Box Office/reception function.