Production Team Assistant
01 December 2021
Society of London Theatre
The Society of London Theatre (SOLT) manages the Olivier Awards with Mastercard. The ceremony will take place at the Royal Albert Hall on Sunday 10 April 2022. https://officiallondontheatre.com/olivier-awards/
MAIN DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
• To be the first point of contact for the Production Team
• To support the work of the Production Team
• To act as an ambassador for SOLT and the Olivier Awards with Mastercard.
• Organise meetings, take minutes and distribute key action points
• To assist the Production Coordinator with the issuing of all agreements to performing companies, freelancers, host/s and creatives
• To support the General Manager with the souvenir brochure including writing copy, sourcing biogs/images and selling advertising
• Any other reasonable duties required to ensure the smooth running of the Production team
• To support the planning and delivery of events in the lead-up to the Awards, including sending invitations, managing guest lists and tracking RSVP’s
• To assist with the delivery of the Nominees Celebration
• To assist the Production Administrator in the organisation of the post awards celebration
• To assist with the lifting and moving of stock, set and display pieces between venues as necessary
• To support the Associate General Manager in the collation of images and performance screen content
• To attend rehearsals and provide support to the stage management team, production team and liaise with the performers
• Manage the ‘Heads on Sticks’ for the TV camera rehearsal
• Book travel, accommodation and transport for creatives, performers and the production team
• Book in house seats for the key creatives to see performing companies
• Liaise with key sponsors in the booking of flights and hotel rooms
• Assist with the logistics of all deliveries to the RAH
• To assist the operations team to create security passes
• To assist the ticketing team with logistics
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
• A proven interest in producing and/or production
• Confident user of all Microsoft programmes
• Office experience
• Knowledge of current West End productions
• Attention to detail
• A good communicator
• The ability to see the ‘bigger picture’
• A sense of humour
• Be able to show initiative and resilience when dealing with change
• The ability to work as part of a team and support others
• A positive outlook with a willingness to solve problems
• Genuine interest in the arts and theatre
• A willingness to work evenings and at weekends when necessary
The first stage of the application process will be answering questions on the application form. Please access and complete the application form by clicking the link below:
The closing date for applications is 12noon on Monday 6th December 2021.
If you have any questions about the role, or have difficulty accessing or understanding the application form and would like some assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
This role will be predominantly based in central London with the majority of hours being desk-based work at a computer in an office. There may be an opportunity for flexible/remote working (from home or other locations) for some of the time and will be negotiated. Usual hours will be 10am until 6pm weekdays. Some evening and weekend work may be required as necessary as the event approaches.
You may be invited to the second stage of the application process. This will be an interview.
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 14th December (2pm - 6pm) or Wednesday 15th December (11am - 1pm) at 32 Rose Street, London WC2E 9ET. There may also be an option to interview over a video call.
SOLT is committed to a comprehensive policy of equal opportunities. We aim to create the conditions whereby people are treated solely on the basis of their merits, abilities and potential regardless of gender, ethnic or national origin, age, socio-economic background, disability, religious or political beliefs and affiliations, family circumstances, sexual orientation or other irrelevant distinction.
Our Cultural Statement
At SOLT and UK Theatre we run a Guardian Scheme and we work to our Cultural Statement. Please read the Cultural Statement by clicking here.
06 December 2021