£26,000 - £28,500 per annum, depending on skills and experience
We are looking for a Press Officer to join our NT Productions (NTP) department. This is an exciting new position in a busy production office attached to the National Theatre with the opportunity to work on a broad variety of projects from UK touring to West End productions. This role is ideal for someone with 1 - 2 years working experience in a press office at a theatre or in an agency.
As part of the NTP team, this position will play a key role in developing and executing press campaigns for tours and transfers of productions originating at the National Theatre. The post holder will work with the Head of Press and Communications, NTP on West End, UK touring and International productions, including but not limited to: The Ocean at the End of the Lane, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time and The Lehman Trilogy. The post-holder will also contribute to department-wide initiatives including audience development work and strategies for engaging audiences online through digital content and social media.
The role involves working closely with NT colleagues in the Press Office, Marketing, Digital and Broadcast, the Graphic Design Studio, Access, Development and Publications as well as Producers and Production Creative teams. The role requires regular close working with external consultants, suppliers, stakeholders and marketing and press teams across venues in our touring network.
As part of the essential skills for this role the successful candidate will have the following:
- Prior experience in theatre publicity dealing with journalist enquiries via email and on the phone, and a genuine interest in press relations and the working of a press department.
- A desire to maintain awareness of the landscape and media opportunities across established and emerging platforms, the desire to network and maintain a broad range of press contacts.
- Accurate typing skills and a knowledge of word processing and databases.
- Experience of managing contacts in a media database - experience of Gorkana is preferred.
- The ability to deal confidently, courteously and discreetly with all levels of the media, theatre personnel and the public, both in person and over the phone and on email.
- The ability to collate and present both written and oral information in a clear and concise manner.
- Excellent copy writing skills, with a keen eye for detail.
If that sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you!
For further information, and to apply, please follow the link:
The closing date for the receipt of completed application forms is: Tuesday 14 December 2021, midday
For further queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We want our workforce to be representative of all sections of society and welcome applications from everyone.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for our vacancies.
HR Department 2021