Warwick Arts Centre - University of Warwick
University of Warwick, Coventry, CV4 7AL, West Midlands
£31,406 - £40,927 per annum
To be responsible for researching, identifying, developing, and delivering non artistic business development opportunities to generate income through new business development initiatives. You will create and deliver a clear business development plan, establish links with new clients, ensure a streamlined process to handover to programme co-ordinator/AVEM’s, achieving WAC business development income targets.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• To research, identify, develop new non artistic business development opportunities to create a non-artistic business development plan which may include (but not limited to) venue hires, sale of services, retail, and associated merchandising, and point of sale packages.
• To actively seek new non artistic business opportunities using market research and intelligence and in line with the business plan.
• To research, identify and target opportunities and suggestions for other non-artistic products/activity and opportunities for the non-artistic hire of spaces and activities which complement current activity.
• To work cross-departmentally to create and embed business development principles and processes for identifying and testing new ideas.
• To achieve, monitor and report on performance against objectives and financial targets.
• To work with colleagues to ensure clearly defined booking / handover / feedback and evaluation processes are in place and adhered to.
• To monitor, review and report on new business, turned down and cancelled business with a view to identifying and securing new business.
• To ensure strong communication with Sales and Box Office, Marketing, Visitor Experience/Operations, and programme teams to ascertain that events/activity are delivered to the highest standards.
• To develop and maintain client business records accurately, analysing production of income and delivering clear management information for internal use and client use on an on-going basis through regular meetings and feedback sessions.
• To work with Operations staff to ensure planning and implementation of health and safety for users/visitors to standards required in places of entertainment, buildings, and employment.
• To participate in cross departmental meetings and take the lead on projects as required. To undertake regular one-to-ones with volunteers as required.
• To be fully trained and able to use the ticketing system, Artifax, Kinetic and any other IT systems as the business requires.
• To maintain and develop professional relationships with staff, internal university departments and city-wide organisations and partners, such as Universities, Local Authority and Charities.
• To work with marketing colleagues to design a range of materials in accessible formats to promote WAC and its opportunities, including digital methods.
• To promote the non-artistic/business profile of WAC by representing the organisation at regional and community events as required.
• Flexibility is required to work evenings, weekends as required.
• Any other reasonable duties as assigned by the Director, Planning and Operations.
• To be a competent IT user able to use and quickly learn different systems and packages.
• To be an ambassador for WAC, its vision and mission, and to provide excellent customer experience to all staff, users, and visitors.
• To lead by example and identify and promote best practice and to undertake any training as required by the post.
• To drive vehicles as appropriate, subject to complying with the conditions of the University's motor insurance policy.
• To be a proactive, positive, willing, and flexible member of the team supporting Warwick Arts Centre meet its objectives and vision.
• To understand, adhere to and promote University of Warwick and Warwick Arts Centre policies and procedures.
To work as required unsociable hours including overnight, weekends, customary and statutory days.
Permanent position, full time
Warwick Arts Centre sits at the heart of a university campus and alongside a busy and wide-ranging artistic programme we manage and deliver graduation and conference events for the university. We are an integral part of the regional arts ecology, work closely with our local community, and we want to reflect that community in all that we do.
Over the past 2 years, we have completed and opened a new building and restated our vision and values. Due to these changes, we have invested in our people and wish to expand our teams, so this is an exciting time to join us.
Warwick Arts Centre is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager.
You will be responsible for researching, identifying, developing, and delivering non artistic business development opportunities to generate income through new business development initiatives, creating and delivering a new business development plan, establishing links with new clients, and achieving business development income targets.
We believe that the arts are an extraordinary source of wisdom, support, connection, understanding, joy, and inspiration for every one of us. It’s our job to bring art into more people’s lives and the Business Development Manager will be integral to helping us build our business and reach more people in new ways.