Warwick Arts Centre - University of Warwick
University of Warwick, Coventry, CV4 7AL, West Midlands
£22,847 - £26,341 per annum, pro rata
To be an active member of the Visitor Experience team and to support and coordinate the volunteer experience at Warwick Arts Centre, by acting as a point of contact for all Arts Centre Volunteers, current and prospective, and the main point of contact for volunteer department heads. To champion, maintain and manage the volunteer policy and recruitment procedure through all aspects of the volunteer lifecycle achieving targets as required.
Permanent position, 18.25 hours per week.
Warwick Arts Centre sits at the heart of a university campus and alongside a busy and wide-ranging artistic programme we manage and deliver graduation and conference events for the university. We are an integral part of the regional arts ecology, work closely with our local community, and we want to reflect that community in all that we do.
Over the past 2 years, we have completed and opened a new building and restated our vision and values. Due to these changes, we have invested in our people and wish to expand our teams, so this is an exciting time to join us.
Warwick Arts Centre is looking for a passionate, inclusive, and collaborative Volunteer Coordinator.
You will be an active member of the Visitor Experience team and to support and coordinate the volunteer experience at Warwick Arts Centre. You will act as a point of contact for all Arts Centre Volunteers, current and prospective, and the main point of contact across the organisation. You will champion, maintain, and manage the volunteer policy and recruitment procedure through all aspects of the volunteer lifecycle achieving targets as required. A positive, pro-active approach to people management and excellent interpersonal skills are essential for this post.
We believe that the arts are an extraordinary source of wisdom, support, connection, understanding, joy, and inspiration for every one of us. It’s our job to bring art into more people’s lives and the Volunteer Coordinator will be integral to helping us reach, and connect with, more people in new ways.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• To support the Visitor Experience Manager, lead on the Development of the Volunteer Policy and Procedure including Recruitment Policy, striving for an inclusive recruitment policy that is open for all.
• To identify best practice in the volunteering and culture sectors to increase the volume and diversity of volunteers.
• To review and further develop a consistent volunteer policy, procedure, and induction process.
• To ensure appropriate administrative procedures are in place to include (but not limited to):
- review and develop role profiles for all volunteering roles,
- ensure that all volunteers complete safeguarding training proportionate to their role,
- monitor when refresher training is needed,
- ensure appropriate and accurate records and database information are maintained for all volunteers,
- enhance the profile of volunteering at WAC,
- respond effectively to volunteer enquiries and applications, ensuring relevant checks are undertaken,
- act as a central point of contact for our volunteers,
- develop and maintain a mechanism for collating and sharing feedback and concerns from volunteers with the relevant teams,
- identify, organise appropriate training, and ensure volunteers engage in training,
- organise volunteer activities to include briefings, talks and other volunteer events,
- ensure provision of regular and appropriate communication to the volunteers about WAC news, important volunteer developments, events, and activities, via a variety of methods.
• To maintain and develop relationships with staff, internal university departments and city-wide organisations and partners, such as Universities, Local Authority and Charities to increase awareness of our volunteer offering.
• To assist in the compilation and coordination of information internally and externally to ensure the smooth running of events across both venues, using the Artifax venue management system.
• To be fully trained and able to use the ticketing system, Artifax, Kinetic and any other IT systems as the business requires.
Health and Safety
• To ensure that programmes, activities, and events are developed and conducted in line with health & safety and safeguarding guidelines as required in places of entertainment, buildings, and employment, conducting any necessary risk assessments as required.
• To ensure, with support from relevant colleagues, that our safeguarding policies and procedures are followed for every volunteer, that all necessary checks and training are implemented and that accurate records are maintained.
• To work with colleagues to design a range of materials in accessible formats to promote the WAC and its volunteer programme, including digital methods.
• To attend volunteer fairs and community events and organise recruitment workshops and talks as required.
• To assist with duty Management duties as required and at evenings and weekends, being responsible for all staff, artists and public in the building. Shifts (generally) cover 8.30am – 12 midnight. As duty manager take day to day responsibility for Arts Centre visitors and staff dealing quickly and efficiently with any situation that may arise.
• To manage the recruitment of volunteers.
• To participate in cross departmental meetings and take the lead on projects as required. To undertake regular one to ones with volunteers as required.
• Any other reasonable duties as assigned by the Customer Experience Manager/Director, Planning and Operations.
• To lead by example and identify and promote best practices and to undertake any training as required by the post.
• To understand, adhere to and promote University of Warwick and Warwick Arts Centre policies and procedures.
• To work as required unsociable hours including overnight, weekends, customary and statutory days.
• To be an ambassador for WAC, it’s vision and mission, and to provide excellent customer experience to all staff, users, and visitors.
• To be a proactive, positive, willing, and flexible member of the team supporting Warwick Arts Centre meet its objectives and vision.