£36,312 - £39,678 per annum
Located in Purfleet, Essex
Starting salary £36,312 [Grade E Draughtsperson] - £39,678 [Grade D Senior Draughtsperson] per annum. Dependent on experience.
Fixed term Contract to August 2023
The Royal Opera House aims to enrich people`s lives through opera and ballet. It seeks to be accessible and engaging, to develop audiences across the UK and to break new ground in the presentation of lyric theatre. Our Technical and Production Department plays a leading part in ensuring our performances are of the highest quality by delivering technical excellence for every performance, rehearsal and event. We are seeking to appoint a Scenic Draughtsperson to assist the Head of Scenic Construction in the realization and production of scenery for opera and ballet productions at the Royal Opera House.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Scenic Construction team at the Bob and Tamar Manoukian Production Workshop, our purpose built state-of-the-art 3750 sq metre building in Purfleet, Essex. At the site we have a scenic construction carpentry workshop, metal workshop, paint studio and fit up area, enabling us to make scenery for the Royal Opera and Royal Ballet companies and the Birmingham Royal Ballet.
You will ideally have:
- Professional experience of scenic draughting in a theatre environment
- Knowledge of theatre structural engineering and scenic construction in a large-scale theatre environment
- Experience of working positively with designers both in house and external
- A firm understanding and experience of/advanced user of AutoCAD/Inventor 3D Modelling
- Excellent IT skills including Photoshop (or equivalent), MS office, in addition to any other software appropriate to the role.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
The Royal Opera House is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment in which everyone can thrive. We welcome applications from those who are currently under represented in our workforce; in particular those who are ethnically diverse and/or disabled. As a Disability Confident Employer, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential minimum criteria for our vacancies.
Closing date for applications: 8am, Tuesday 19th July 2022
Applicants must have work authorisation for the UK.
A full job description and information on how to apply is available on our website - https://recruitment.roh.org.uk/vacancyView.php?requirementId=4365.
For queries please contact the HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org You can also contact us if you have any access needs for making an application.