Old Vic Theatre
Flexible mix of home working and from The Old Vic, 103 The Cut, London, SE1 8NB
£30,000 per annum (£30,900 from September 2022)
Hours: Full-Time, 40 hours per week from 10am to 6pm, Monday to Friday. The Old Vic offers the ability to work these flexibly under the guidelines in our New Ways of Working policy. Additional hours may be necessary in order to fulfil the requirements of the post.
Areas of responsibility
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for:
- To work with the Marketing & Commercial team on the implementation of all marketing activity
- To devise creative, targeted and energetic marketing campaigns in order to build audiences and achieve box office and audience development targets
- To monitor and track campaign activity and its impact on sales to maximise audience attendance and hit Box Office targets
- To collaborate with the Marketing & Commercial team on the creation of all marketing collateral for productions
- To assist the Deputy Head of Marketing on the production of season and production artwork including, but not limited to, the set-up of photoshoots
- To liaise with the Production team regarding contractual terms relating to publicity materials.
Education & Community
- To be the main point of contact in the Marketing & Commercial team for the Education & Community team
- To devise creative, targeted and energetic marketing campaigns to promote all Education & Community projects in order to build audiences and achieve attendance targets
- To be the main marketing contact for Take the Lead (split between the development and education & community teams).
- To provide the Box Office team with specific marketing information on each production giving sufficient knowledge to sell productions efficiently and informatively
- To maintain a close working relationship with The Old Vic’s key external suppliers, in particular any marketing agencies, design agencies, press consultants, mailing houses, printers and photographers
- To update and manage The Old Vic’s web CMS / purchase pathway as and when required
- To provide marketing support and advice for all other areas of The Old Vic
- To regularly attend all of The Old Vic’s productions and events
- To represent The Old Vic at internal and external meetings, as required and feedback on any relevant topics
- To keep abreast of developments in contemporary theatre and arts education practice
- To undertake any other duties as required.
-This is not an exhaustive list of duties and the Theatre's management may, at any time, allocate other tasks which are of a similar nature or level.
Further information and link to apply: https://jobs.oldvictheatre.com/jobs/1889784-marketing-manager
Closing date: Wednesday 13 July 2022, 11.59pm.
How to Apply
We understand that everyone is different and we want you to apply in whichever way you feel best shows your skills and experience. There are a range of ways that you can apply with us:
1. Sending a short video file of yourself (no longer than two minutes in length), detailing your experience, why you are applying for the role and what about working at The Old Vic interests you.
2. Sending a short audio file of yourself (no longer than two minutes in length), detailing your experience, why you are applying for the role and what about working at The Old Vic interests you.
3. Completing our application form.
4. Uploading your CV and covering letter, explaining why you are interested in the role and working at the Old Vic.
The Old Vic has made a commitment that all applicants with disabilities who meet the essential criteria for this job will be invited to interview.
All appointments are made subject to satisfactory references and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
The recruitment process for this role will be two stages:
1st stage virtual conversation
2nd stage virtual/in person conversation
You may be asked to complete a work based skills assessment or challenge
The closing date for this role is Wednesday 13 July 2022, 11.59pm. First conversations are likely to take place Wednesday 27 July 2022.
We actively support and encourage people from a variety of backgrounds, experiences and skill sets to join us and help shape what we do. We are particularly keen to receive applications from people of the global majority, LGBTQ+, neurodiverse and disabled candidates.
We may take positive action, in cases where candidates are equally qualified, to increase the employment of under-represented groups at The Old Vic.
In the event that we ask you to attend the theatre for a conversation and you are struggling financially, we may be able to reimburse you for any reasonable travel costs.
We partner with a range of inclusive organisations, to find out more please read our FAQs.