£40,000 per annum, 2 year fixed term contract
As the home of The Royal Ballet and The Royal Opera, at the Royal Opera House we want many more people to enjoy and engage in exceptional ballet and opera. At the ROH we believe that diversity is about making sure we welcome, engage and support visitors, audiences, staff, artists and partners from diverse backgrounds, experiences and cultures.
The ROH follows the `social model of disability`: we believe that people are disabled by physical and attitudinal barriers in society, not by their impairment or medical conditions, and we are working towards removing or mitigating these barriers to our work, wherever possible.
This new, hands-on role of Access and Inclusion Manager will develop and oversee the implementation of a range of initiatives and projects across the organisation, designed to improve access for disabled people to our work, our facilities, our services and our employment opportunities. This will include improving our reach and engagement with all staff, artists, audiences and visitors who have access requirements, whilst also improving the organisation`s awareness and understanding of access and inclusion and its impact across the ROH. The post-holder will develop and oversee the implementation of a range of initiatives and projects across the organisation, designed to improve access for disabled people to our work, our facilities, our services and our employment opportunities.
We would love to hear from you if you can demonstrate:
- Experience of working in an inclusion role and delivering disabled access and inclusion initiatives at a similar level in a complex organisation
- In-depth knowledge of the Equality Act 2010 and other relevant guidance/ disability legislation; current engagement with access and inclusion issues and practice
- The ability to influence and drive change
- Excellent teamwork, communications skills and the ability to create impact
- Proven ability to set KPIs, monitor the delivery of objectives and evaluate impact
- The ability to build effective relationships with and secure the confidence of staff, including the senior management team
All of our staff are expected to uphold the Royal Opera House values: respect, openness and valuing the highest standards.
The Royal Opera House is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment in which everyone can thrive. We welcome applications from those who are currently under-represented in our workforce, in particular those who are ethnically diverse and/or disabled. As a Disability Confident Employer, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential minimum criteria for our vacancies. We are committed to meeting the access requirements of applicants and post-holders, including supporting individuals through Access to Work applications.
For the full job description and to submit an application, please visit the ROH Careers page. For queries, please contact the ROH Recruitment Team on email@example.com. Please let us know if you have any access requirements to assist you with making an application.