We’re looking for a Sound Designer to work as part of the creative team on our forthcoming production of Robin Hood, a collaboration between Exeter Northcott Theatre and Le Navet Bete, directed by Daniel Buckroyd and with musical direction by Tom Arnold.
The show includes a full ‘playlist’ of songs and incidental music, and will involve live vocals, recorded musical tracks prepared by our Musical Director, some live instrumental lines played from the stage as part of the action, and a plot of recorded sound effects.
The role of Sound Designer will involve working with our Director, Musical Director and in-house production and technical team to oversee the delivery of all sound for the show, specifically including:
• Working with our Musical Director to prepare music sound files
• Working with our Director to source sound effects as required by the script
• Creating workable Qlab files for the running of the show
• Working with our Production Manager to come up with sound solutions within budget
• Supporting our in-house tech team on setting up and operating sound for performance
• Overseeing the delivery of sound throughout tech/dress rehearsals
With rehearsals from Mon 7th Nov and first performance on Fri 9th Dec, we anticipate our Sound Designer working a maximum of 20 days on the project across this 5-week period, with some flexibility to enable someone interested to undertake other work.
We’re looking for someone with strong sound design skills, good knowledge of Qlab, experience of working with a mix of live and recorded musical elements, and ideally experience of working on pantomime/variety shows.
We’re particularly keen to hear from Southwest based creatives.
Fee: £3,000 plus expenses
Closing date: Friday 14th August 2022 at 5pm
Interviews: w/c 29th August 2022
For more information, and details of how to apply, please visit https://www.exeternorthcott.co.uk/get-creative/work-with-us/