Grade C £43,248 pa
The Royal Opera House aims to enrich people`s lives through opera and ballet. It seeks to be accessible and engaging, to develop audiences across the UK and to break new ground in the presentation of lyric theatre. Our Technical, Production and Costume Department plays a leading part in ensuring our performances are of the highest quality by delivering technical excellence for every performance, rehearsal and event.
The Royal Opera House is looking to recruit a Lighting Control & Visualisation Assistant Manager to join our Lighting Control and Visualisation team, working closely with colleagues to ensure operational and production requirements of rehearsals and performances are carried out to the highest possible standard of safety, efficiency and quality.
You will be working alongside some of the world`s leading lighting designers, programming and operating shows for world class opera and ballet productions at the Royal Opera House in Covent Garden, with the opportunity to work both nationally and internationally. You will be working with the Lighting Control & Visualisation Manager to develop a world leading team. You will have the opportunity to grow and manage your own areas of specialism to help provide first class service to the Royal Opera and Royal Ballet Companies and their visiting creative teams.
You will ideally have:
- An excellent track record and current experience in lighting control (ETC Eos Family essential), gained from working with the latest technology on live performances or events.
- The ability to use the lighting console to help create and recreate original lighting for Royal Opera House productions to the highest artistic and technical standards in house, at outside venues and on tour or on hire.
- Good understanding of Vectorworks, AutoCAD, Lightwright, MLA
- Proficient in designing, maintaining and administrating complex lighting networks.
- A proven track record in management, including overseeing and scheduling teams.
- Competent user of Visualisation Software.
The Royal Opera House is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment in which everyone can thrive. We welcome applications from those who are currently under represented in our workforce; in particular those who are ethnically diverse and/or disabled. As a Disability Confident Employer, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential minimum criteria for our vacancies.
A full job description and information on how to apply is available on our website. For queries please contact the ROH Recruitment Team at email@example.com You can also contact us if you have any access needs for making an application.
Closing date for applications: 8am, Friday 12th August 2022
First round online interviews will take place: 16th/17th August
Applicants must have work authorisation for the UK.
Please apply via our website