Disney Theatrical Productions is looking for an enthusiastic and committed individual who has a passion for storytelling to join the Wardrobe department backstage at The Lion King in the West End of London.
Disney is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse workforce, and strongly encourage applicants of every ethnicity, belief, gender, sexual identity, disability, age and culture to apply.
DRESSER 40 HOUR CONTRACT
The position has a broad range of responsibilities requiring the Dresser to render all services to the
best of their skill and ability which are customarily rendered by a Dresser of a first class theatrical
stage production as such required and including, but not limited to:
- Working alongside your team, other technical departments, stage management, the acting and the resident creative team members to ensure the efficient flow of information
- Attending rehearsals, show calls, laundry calls and maintenance calls as required
- Assisting with the preparation and maintenance of all costumes and equipment required by your department, including checks prior to each performance, with an awareness of cast holidays, understudy and swing performances
- Having a basic understanding of costume as well carrying out small scale sewing/painting
jobs as required by your head of department
- Acquiring a familiarity with all plots/tracks within your department to assist with any rehearsals as required
- Learning/dressing the track assigned to you
- Supporting the needs of the acting cast during rehearsals/show calls
- Assisting your head of department in compiling and keeping updated cue sheets and other relevant show paperwork
- Taking an active role in teaching new members of staff/deps when required to do so
- Helping to maintain stock of consumable items
- Flexible maintenance shifts – The weekly call will differ each week dependent on the requirements of the show
- Understanding and complying with Producer’s employment and Health and Safety policies, using appropriate safety equipment and clothing and undertaking necessary training
- Any other duties as may be reasonably required in the course of duties or as instructed by the Head of Wardrobe or Deputy Head of Wardrobe
Visit disn//eyonstage.co.uk/career-opportunities for details
To apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a covering letter with your CV.
Closing date for applications 12 August 2022