Hampstead Theatre is a theatre that punches above its weight.
We like stories that haven’t been told before or are told in a way you haven’t heard before. Plays where you care about the people, where something in the soul of it captures you.
Working with the best creative talent in the business, we create progressive, thought provoking and original theatre.
We are now looking for a Marketing Manager to join us on a permanent, full-time basis.
- Salary of £32,000 per annum
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus Public Holidays
- Interest-free season-ticket travel loans
- Complimentary tickets for performances
- Employer’s contribution to NOW! pension scheme
- 10% discount at Hampstead Theatre’s Café Bar
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented individual with a passion for the performing arts to join our ambitious organisation.
You will have a chance to be a part of a historically significant, internationally recognised theatre that champions originality, innovation and creativity.
Your skills will enable us to extend our reach and continue bringing artists and audiences together.
As the Marketing Manager, you will be responsible for developing unique and creative promotional marketing materials that drive ticket sales and meet audience development targets.
Evaluating the success of all campaigns, you will review ticket sales, the box office system and the audience feedback platform, ensuring that we are maximising our potential. You will report on your findings and use results to inform and improve our future strategies.
You will develop relationships with external companies and like-minded venues, secure and manage reciprocal marketing initiatives and gain support for our marketing activities.
Supporting our digital communications, you will be responsible for the creation and delivery of engaging marketing emails. You’ll generate content across a variety of social media platforms and ensure our website is functional and optimised.
Additionally, you will:
- Liaise with external designers and the editorial and creative teams on content
- Manage the production of theatre programmes
- Collaborate on the creation of key artworks of all productions
- Report on and manage marketing budgets
- Be responsible for the accuracy of all marketing communications
- Ensure the marketing department is up to date with all external initiatives and requirements
To be considered as a Marketing Manager, you will need:
- A genuine passion for bold, ambitious, original theatre
- To be a natural leader as well as a team player – someone who enjoys supporting and encouraging others
- An approachable demeanour and the ability to communicate and advocate the work of the theatre
- Good organisation and time management skills
- To be flexible and adaptable to last minute changes
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Excellent administrative and IT skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to learn software systems such as CRM, digital marketing and graphic design
The closing date for this role is 15th August 2022.
Other organisations may call this role Marketing Campaign Manager, Events and Marketing Manager, Digital Marketing Manager, or Creative Content Manager.
Webrecruit and Hampstead Theatre are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.