Up to £22,378 pa plus benefits
Mayflower Theatre is the largest independent not for profit theatre in the south of the UK and we present a wide range of shows including large scale musicals, opera and dance.
We are looking for an experienced individual who will co-ordinate and deliver theatre and performing arts activities for primary aged children as well as provide administration, facilitations and project support to our Community & Education department (Engage), focus is on ages 5-11 year old.
• Administer and coordinate and deliver our primary school’s After School Club programme
• Administer and coordinate and deliver in school theatre projects and activities with Primary Schools in Southampton and in the surrounding areas, and create accompanying resources
• Administer and coordinate and deliver public and school holiday workshop packages
• Administer and coordinate and deliver show packages for primary schools including theatre visits, workshops, tours, and talks
• Support on coordinating our Family Fun Day’s and deliver performance workshops and/or craft activities
• Administer and coordinate our Primary School Teachers Continued Professional Development (CPD)
Ideally you will have:
• Educated to a degree level in drama, performing arts or an arts-based subject or equivalent qualification
• Up to 2 years’ experience of delivering drama/theatre workshops with children or young people
• Has previous experience of administrating and co-ordinating arts-based projects
• Has a good understanding of the primary curriculum
• Has excellent communication skills and ability to work under pressure
• Be a self-starter with a flexible approach
• Be proficient in all Microsoft packages
• Experience in monitoring and reporting against budgets, and in ongoing evaluation and reporting on projects
• Full driving licence and car
Salary: up to £22,378 pa plus benefits, 37.5 hours per week, some evening and weekend working will be required. During the interview process you will be expected to lead a 15-minute workshop for young people. Interview will be at Mayflower Theatre.
Full details including recruitment pack can be found at https://www.mayflower.org.uk/about-us/careers/ or https://www.mayflowerstudios.org.uk/about-us/careers
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact the HR Team. If you are interested and would like to apply please go to https://www.cloudonlinerecruitment.co.uk/mayflowertheatre/
We are committed to providing an accessible recruitment process for all candidates, therefore if you have any additional requirements to complete your application form please contact the HR Team at email@example.com or on 02380 711800 ext. 0.
Working for Mayflower Theatre
We are committed to providing an accessible recruitment process for all candidates so please see our website for more details.