Based in: Covent Garden, London
The Royal Opera House continues to lead the way in opera, ballet, music and dance both live on stage and through multiple digital platforms, from live streaming to worldwide cinema screenings.
We are seeking to contact suitably experienced professionals who would be interested in working on a casual basis across the 22-23 season. Armoury Technicians are required to work closely with colleagues to ensure operational and production requirements, including rehearsals and performances, are carried out to the highest possible standard of safety, efficiency and quality.
Armoury Technicians will work across two main working areas, carrying out a range of duties:
Production Armoury - Armoury Workshops
- Working with leather, wood, or metal to repair, make, and maintain the highest level of stage weaponry and associated leatherwork.
- Assist the Armoury Manager in liaising with colleagues in the Costume Department, Production workrooms and workshops, Designers, and Production Managers, to deliver high-quality stage weaponry.
- Research designs or assist the Armoury Manager in sourcing stage weaponry for use in our productions
Running Armoury - Rehearsals and Performances
- Assist the Armoury Manager in liaising with Colleagues in Stage Management, Stage Props, Production Managers, and Artistic Companies to deliver safe, well-rehearsed performances.
- Attend rehearsals, and performances as required, ensuring etiquette and risk management procedures for firearms and edged weapons are clearly communicated and adhered to, and that all weaponry is stored securely when not in use.
- Ensure artists are instructed in the weaponry best-practice and etiquette for rehearsal and performance spaces.
An information pack for this role is attached below. If you have any access requirements for your application, please contact the ROH Recruitment Team on email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 8am, Monday 7th November 2022
Applicants must have work authorisation for the UK. No agencies.
Please apply via the Royal Opera House