Up to £25,000 per annum (£12.82 per hour) plus benefits
MAST is a multi-art form venue presenting and producing theatre, dance, music, comedy, spoken word and family shows. We work with the best touring companies and local artists to present a diverse, vibrant, high-quality artistic programme, alongside our own MAST productions and co-productions.
We are looking for an experienced individual to manage our Artist Development programme preferably on a full time basis . We will however consider proposals for part time, remote or job share applications, if candidates can demonstrate fully how they will fulfil the requirements of the role.
To plan and deliver the Artist Development programme of work ensuring MAST becomes significant in supporting emerging artists regionally.
To identify opportunities for work to be developed further by MAST.
To ensure that MAST plays a key part in the cultural life of the local community.
Main duties and responsibilities:
1. Programme and manage Artist Development opportunities, these currently include but are not limited to:
a. Artist Residencies
b. Artist Network and CPD programme
c. Scratch Nights
d. 48 Hour Challenge
2. Develop the company’s championing of work created in Southampton for the local community
3. Facilitate appropriate opportunities for associate companies and resident companies to be involved in the programme presented in Studio 2.
4. Develop the application and selection process for Seed Commissions and any offer of developmental resources, in line with the programming policy, which is transparent and fair.
5. Liaise with our Engage youth and community programme to ensure the work is joined up, with clear development opportunities.
6. Manage the artist development budget in conjunction with the Creative Producer
7. Ensure legal paperwork is in place (agreements, H&S risk assessments etc.)
8. Liaise with marketing to promote the Artist Development programme including a social media presence and website content
9. Liaise with other departments ensuring all events are set up and communicated in a timely and effective manner
10. Embrace and promote Diversity and Inclusion policies. Demonstrate a commitment to the broadening of cultural diversity and access across all areas
11. Embrace and promote our Environmental Sustainability policies and practice
12. Support the Creative Producer as needed
13. Contribute to and manage administrative processes within the Creative Team on SharePoint and Teams.
14. Carry out any ad hoc tasks, projects and additional activities as may be required
We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and minority ethnic candidates as they are under-represented within the organisation at this level.
Interviews will be held at MAST.
Applications for this position will be accepted until the post is filled, so early submission is advised. Previous applicants for this position need not apply.
Full details including job descriptions can be found at https://www.mayflower.org.uk/about-us/mast-mayflower-studios-careers/
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the HR Team. If you are interested and would like to apply, please go to https://www.cloudonlinerecruitment.co.uk/mayflowertheatre/
We are committed to ensuring a fair process for all candidates from diverse backgrounds. Please see our website for more details and if you have any additional requirements to complete your application form, please contact the HR Team at email@example.com or on 02380 711800 ext. 0.