Birmingham Repertory Theatre
To apply for this post please complete the online application process on our website:
Data from your diversity monitoring form will not be shared with the recruitment panel.
*we accept other forms of submission including video and audio recordings.
The Rep is a Disability Confident Employer. If you would like to apply under this scheme please selection this option on our application portal.
The Rep supports and encourages applications from refugees seeking asylum in the United Kingdom. We will guarantee an interview to any refugee if they meet the minimum criteria for the job vacancy and has the legal right to work in the UK. If you would like to apply under this scheme please select this option on our application portal.
The deadline for receipt of applications is Thursday 13th October 2022 at 12pm
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 25th October 2022
The Rep invites applications for this exciting role in our Audiences and Media team. The successful candidate will assist in the marketing and promotion of all Rep shows and activities including new world premiere productions of musicals, comedies and new writing across our three performance spaces.
Working in a busy, exciting and fast-moving marketing and communications office, you will support on a range of marketing activity that promotes the work of The Rep (on and off stage) in an imaginative, relevant and inspiring way. You’ll contribute to campaign planning and delivery in order to develop audience retention, loyalty and frequency. This role would suit someone early in their career but eager to progress in the world of arts marketing.
Marketing and Communications
• As part of the marketing team, input into targeted campaign creation for every production.
• Support the Head of Marketing and Senior Marketing Officers in campaign activity for all off stage Rep activities including learning and participation events, café, and fundraising campaigns.
• Update and circulate weekly sales figures.
• Administrate production for show programmes.
• Proof digital and offline marketing materials.
• Help develop new relationships with communities across our city to amplify production and event information.
• Coordinate Front of House displays – both internally and externally ensuring material is on brand and always up to date.
• Coordinate and attend external promotional events and activities
• Take and distribute meeting notes.
• Update and maintain records of publicity outlets.
Digital and Content
• Develop digital assets for the website, social media and front of house screens.
• Use our Word Press CMS to create new web pages as instructed and ensure website content is current and update agreed areas as required.
• Source and compile biographies and imagery of cast and creative teams to support PR activity and programme production.
• As part of the marketing team, work on initiatives to broaden attendance and reach the widest possible audience
• Become confident in using our CRM and Box Office system, Spektrix, to run reports, pull data and share insights and information as needed.
• Be an active member of the Access Working Party
• Create assets to support audiences attending accessible performances.
• Liaise with suppliers and agencies in the delivery of print orders and stock control of publicity materials
• Co-ordinate volunteer activity for the Marketing & PR team
• Support the Marketing Officers and Box Office Manager with communications to our members
Skills and Knowledge
• Excellent written communication skills
• An eye for design
• Good attention to detail
• Confident with digital platforms
• An interest and knowledge of theatre
• Experience in a customer focused environment
Education and Training
• High standard of literacy and numeracy
• Experience in office IT software such Microsoft Word, Excel, CMS systems, Canva
• Experience working with a CRM database
• Experience working with Word Press
• Eager and willing to learn new skills and activities
• Works well under pressure and to deadlines
• An excellent eye for detail and a commitment to excellence
• Passion for working in a busy creative theatre
• Organised and able to prioritise workload
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to contribute as a member of a team
• Willingness to work occasional weekends and some evenings as required.
Terms & Conditions
Period of work: This is a fixed term contract for 10-12 months, subject to successful completion of a probationary period of 3 months
Pay: £20,077.20 per annum
Hours of work: 39 hours per week. Please note this is not a hybrid role and it is expected that the successful candidate will be based at The Rep every day. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
Holidays: 20 days per year, plus bank holidays. The holiday year runs from 1 September to 31 August each year.
Notice period: 1 week rising to 1 month after successful completion of probation period.
Location of work: Your main place of work will be The REP in Birmingham, but you may be required to work permanently or temporarily at other locations locally
To apply pleaese visit our website: https://www.birmingham-rep.co.uk/about-us/jobs-vacancies/