Production Coordinator (Oliviers)
21 November 2022
Up to £32K pro rata (dependant on experience)
Contract: For 13 weeks: 09 January – 07 April 2023
(including 1 & 2 April)
Salary: Up to £32K pro rata (dependant on experience)
Line Manager: Awards General Manager
The Society of London Theatre (SOLT) manages the Olivier Awards with MasterCard. The ceremony will take place at the Royal Albert Hall on Sunday 2 April 2023. https://officiallondontheatre.com/olivier-awards/
This role will be predominantly based in central London with the majority of hours being desk-based work at a computer in an office. There may be an opportunity for flexible/remote working (from home or other locations) for some of the time and will be negotiated. Usual hours will be 10am until 6pm weekdays. Some evening and weekend work may be required as necessary as the event approaches.
MAIN DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
• To support the work of the Awards General Manager, Olivier Committee and the Production Team across a range of tasks.
• To act as an ambassador for SOLT and the Olivier Awards with MasterCard.
• To organise internal and wider production meetings, create agendas and circulate action points.
• Create and manage schedules and itineraries for creatives, performers, VIP’s and staff.
• Assist with guest list planning and invitations
• Any other reasonable duties required to ensure the smooth running of the Production team.
Contracting and logistics for freelance staff
• To work with the Awards General Manager to issue correct agreements to all freelancers.
• Ensure their agreed ticketing, hotel and travel requirements are tracked and communicated.
• Ensure contact sheets are accurate and updated.
• Ensure the spreadsheet is updated and information is fed through to ticketing etc.
• To collate security pass information and photos for all staff and off-stage freelancers.
• To help manage the event catering logistics and distribution of meal vouchers to all staff and off-stage freelancers.
• To assist in planning and delivery of any rehearsals.
Green Carpet Event
• Liaise with Westminster Council to deliver the Green Carpet Event Plan
• Coordinate the delivery of the Red carpet Event with external contractors
• To assist in the set up of the Ticketing application system (via Survey monkey) and forms for Members, Non-Members, Nominees etc.
• To create the Ticketing Master spreadsheet and handover to the Production Administrator
• To support the Production Administrator in the delivery of all ticketing for the ceremony as required.
• To assist in planning the seating arrangements for Performing Companies at the Awards
Voting Nominations and Brochure
• To assist in proofing all Nominations content and voting particulars.
• To support the General Manager with the souvenir brochure including writing copy, sourcing biogs/images and selling advertising.
Screen and audio content
• Assist in the collation of all the show posters for each nomination package to the correct specification.
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
• An acute attention to detail
• A calm and patient attitude
• A minimum of one year’s experience of producing professional theatre or running events
• Dealing with people diplomatically and effectively
• Confident user of all Microsoft programmes (especially Excel)
• Office experience
• Knowledge of current West End productions
• An excellent communicator
• The ability to see the ‘bigger picture’
• Be able to show initiative and resilience when dealing with change
• The ability to work as part of a team and support others
• A positive outlook with a willingness to solve problems
• Warm and engaging personality with a proactive, self-motivated and flexible approach
• Able to carry out work under pressure and maintain good humour and diplomacy
• A sense of humour
• Genuine interest in the arts and theatre
• A willingness to work evenings and at weekends when necessary
To apply for the Production Coordinator role, please take a look at the job description and submit your CV and a covering letter of no more than 1000 words explaining how your skills and experience are relevant to this role giving examples of when you have met the requirements in the job description. With the job title, Production Coordinator in the email subject please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
There is a rolling deadline for this vacancy. Applications will be screened as and when received. Should we receive suitable candidates, we may invite you for interview before the advertised closing date of Thursday 8th December 2022 at midnight and therefore if you are interested in applying, please do so as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this
opportunity. Interviews may take place week commencing Monday 12th December.
Access Needs and Assistance
If you require any assistance in applying for this role, please email us on Jobs@soltukt.co.uk with your preferred contact details and we will be in touch.
If you are shortlisted for an interview, we will ask you if you have any access needs, what your pronouns are, and for a phonetic spelling of your name to ensure that we pronounce it correctly when we meet you.
Unsuccessful applicants, not short listed, may not be contacted. Any candidates invited to interview will be provided with feedback on request.
08 December 2022