Production Administrator – Ticketing & Post Awards Celebration (Oliviers)
21 November 2022
Up to £28,000 per annum, pro rata (dependant on experience)
Contract: 30 January – 7 April 2023 (Including 1 & 2 April)
Salary: Up to £28,000 per annum, pro rata (dependant on experience)
Line Manager: Awards General Manager
The Society of London Theatre (SOLT) manages the Olivier Awards with MasterCard. The ceremony will take place at the Royal Albert Hall on Sunday 2 April 2023. https://officiallondontheatre.com/olivier-awards/
This role will be predominantly based in central London with the majority of hours being desk-based work at a computer in an office. There may be an opportunity for flexible/remote working (from home or other locations) for some of the time and will be negotiated. Usual hours will be 10am until 6pm weekdays. Some evening and weekend work may be required as necessary as the event approaches. You will be required to work on Saturday 1st and
Sunday 2nd April 2023, the weekend of the Olivier Awards.
MAIN DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
• To support the work of the Awards General Manager and the Production Team across a range of tasks.
• To act as an ambassador for SOLT and the Olivier Awards with MasterCard.
• Any other reasonable duties required to ensure the smooth running of the Production team.
• To organise meetings, create agendas and circulate action points.
• To oversee the ticketing of the Olivier Awards 2023.
• Manage the Olivier Awards ticketing email account and respond to all queries.
• Work with the General Manager to allocate all seats including VIP’s, SOLT members, nominees and presenters.
• To assist in the design and information included on all ticket wallets and passes for guests
• To ensure the Royal Albert Hall have the correct allocation of tickets
• To manage the Survey Monkey ticket request forms for Members, Non-Members, Nominees etc.
• To manage the Ticketing Master spreadsheet
• To check the auditorium during the production weekend and ensure the correct seating is in place (restricted view seats etc.)
• To ensure all tickets are distributed with the correct information and appropriate passes in a timely manner.
• To troubleshoot any ticketing issues on the day including guests arriving without tickets and/or duplicates etc.
Post Awards Celebration at the Natural History Museum
• Organise all recce meetings at the Natural History Museum, take notes and distribute
• Work with the General Manger on the budget
• Liaise with the caterers and book in a tasting
• Book a band and/or DJ for all appropriate spaces
• To ensure all VIP requirements are met
• To liaise with the production company (White Light) for lighting and sound
• Ensure all insurance and contractual elements with the NHM are managed
• To ensure security is in place accordingly
• Ensure all sponsor and partner elements are delivered seamlessly
• To be at the Natural History Museum in person to ensure set up and be the main liaison with the Natural History Museum staff.
• To assist with the lifting and moving of stock, set and display pieces between venues as necessary. Manual handling training will be given.
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
• An acute attention to detail
• A calm and patient attitude
• A minimum of one year’s experience of ticketing, producing professional theatre or running events
• Dealing with people diplomatically and effectively
• Confident user of all Microsoft programmes (especially Excel)
• Office experience
• Knowledge of current West End productions
• Confident user Survey Monkey
• An excellent communicator
• The ability to see the ‘bigger picture’
• Be able to show initiative and resilience when dealing with change
• The ability to work as part of a team and support others
• A positive outlook with a willingness to solve problems
• Warm and engaging personality with a proactive, self-motivated and flexible approach
• Able to carry out work under pressure and maintain good humour and diplomacy
• A sense of humour
• Genuine interest in the arts and theatre
• A willingness to work evenings and at weekends when necessary
• Ticketing and or Box Office experience
This job description covers the main duties of the role. It may be necessary to undertake such other responsibilities and tasks as the Awards General Manager may require
To apply for the Production Administrator role, please take a look at the job description and submit your CV and a covering letter of no more than 1000 words explaining how your skills and experience are relevant to this role giving examples of when you have met the requirements in the job description. With the job title, Production Administrator in the email subject please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
There is a rolling deadline for this vacancy. Applications will be screened as and when received. Should we receive suitable candidates, we may invite you for interview before the advertised closing date of Thursday 8th December 2022 at midnight and therefore if you are interested in applying, please do so as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this opportunity. Interviews will take place on Tuesday 13th December (pm) and Wednesday 14th December (am).
Access Needs and Assistance
If you require any assistance in applying for this role, please email us on Jobs@soltukt.co.uk with your preferred contact details and we will be in touch.
If you are shortlisted for an interview, we will ask you if you have any access needs, what your pronouns are, and for a phonetic spelling of your name to ensure that we pronounce it correctly when we meet you.
Unsuccessful applicants, not short listed, may not be contacted. Any candidates invited to interview will be provided with feedback on request.
08 December 2022