£25,081.43 per annum plus TMA get outs
Join us and become part of the Mayflower Theatre’s continued success and reputation as one of the leading in-house technical teams in the region.
With a wide range of shows incorporating most genres of live entertainment performed on our stage, this role would be suitable for a candidate with proven experience in a similar position or professional background from the live entertainment industry.
The role of the Technician is to support the Technical Management team (Stage Manager & Chief LX) in the smooth running of all aspects of the Technical Department, ensuring that all Technical, Facilities and Health and Safety aspects of the department are delivered to the highest standards.
Duties and responsibilities:
• To participate in the smooth running of all fit-ups, rehearsals, performances, changeovers and get-outs as directed by the SM / Chief LX.
• To be able to function in any appropriate position as part of a show crew.
• Unloading and loading of set / scenery and technical equipment.
• To maintain accurate equipment inventories and ensure all technical areas are kept clean and tidy at all times.
• Working with and operating lighting, sound, staging and flying systems
• Ensure our visiting company requirements are delivered, ensuring excellent customer service is always maintained.
• Supervision of casual technical staff.
It is essential that you have experience of working within the backstage area of the professional live entertainment industry, with a good understanding of technical theatre and general stagecraft and the ability to learn the operations of lighting, sound, staging, and counterweight flying equipment.
Our ideal applicant will be an excellent team player with attention to detail, who is able to work unsociable hours at any time of the day/night on a rota basis.
Full details including job descriptions can be found at https://www.mayflower.org.uk/about-us/careers/
Closing date: Dec 30th 2022 .