Little Lion Entertainment
£45,000-55,000 (dependent on experience)
About Little Lion Entertainment (LLE)
Little Lion is a fast-growing entertainment group, specialising in creating cutting-edge and memorable experience-led attractions. It pioneers game changing forms of theatre which create unique immersive experiences that bridge a gap between theatre and attractions where the audience is the star of the show.
Little Lion launched in 2016 and is the creator of The Crystal Maze LIVE Experiences. Since opening its first attraction in London through crowdfunding, it has continued to go from strength to strength with The Crystal Maze LIVE Experience Manchester opening in 2017, a new flagship Crystal Maze in Piccadilly Circus (2019), an opening internationally in Saudi Arabia (2021) and the latest award-winning attraction; the Tomb Raider Live Experience launched in Camden in summer 2022.
With imminent plans to expand internationally across North America and the Middle East this is an ideal time to join this cutting-edge fast growth team.
As Head of Production and Technical you will be responsible for the maintenance and development of the technical elements of the customer experience and buildings across a portfolio of attractions operated by Little Lion Entertainment. This is an integral role within the senior management team and directly contributes to the future success and growth of the company.
You will ensure the highest level of production and technical support is provided and be responsible for the management of the production team and specialist freelancers and suppliers who are engaged with LLE for set periods of times.
We deliver unforgettable immersive experiences to our customers, and this is achieved through large-scale sets and theatrical lighting, complex audio-visual show-control systems, storytelling, and narratives delivered by professional actors, and interactive game-play elements and puzzles and physical challenges. As such this role requires a broad range of experience and knowledge across multiple disciplines.
The role will also contribute to new attractions, working withing the product development team and alongside the creative team to bring to life new IP-led experiences.
WHAT YOU’RE HERE TO DO
Key responsibilities include:
Head of Department
• You will be responsible for overseeing and managing the activities of the Production and Technical team, and to liaise with other internal departments to ensure a high standard of delivery of service
• You will work as part of the senior management team, attending and contributing to regular meetings with your expertise.
• Be an inspiring and visible leader able to influence, manage and develop the team and act as a role model to others in the organisation.
• Manage and mentor staff within the department to ensure high standards of conduct and professionalism are consistently demonstrated. This includes the planning and management and monitoring of performance, personal development, training, and welfare.
• Book freelance trades and crew to deliver specific technical skills and support when required
• Oversee the day-to-day management and administration of the Production & Technical function, ensuring contracts, schedules and agreements are accurately produced
• Provide technical and engineering advice and support to the team to ensure that all product fixes within the experiences are attended to promptly.
• Bring a critical eye to the customer experience and instil a culture of ‘continuous improvement’ and ‘best practice’ craftmanship across all elements of production.
• Work with the General Managers to ensure M&E and building infrastructure is kept in good working order, this includes HVAC, electrical systems, plumbing.
• Work with the IT consultants and ensure data networking is kept in good working order across the premise
• Become in-house expert on show control systems (Q-SYS and Q-LAB) and Audio, Lighting and Video systems, ensuring redundancy and longevity.
• Oversee the process of managing, maintaining and safely storing LLE's technical equipment, infrastructure & production facilities.
Health & Safety
• Work closely with the Operations Director (H&S Lead) to ensure Health & Safety compliance across the department
• Develop, implement, and effectively manage appropriate policies and procedures to ensure public and staff safety for the workshops, and during production builds. This will include, but not be limited to, reviewing, and signing off risk assessments, COSHH documentation and storage, venue capacities, schedules and electrical safety.
Product Development & Project Management
• Work on new large-scale attraction concepts, and new games and activities across the existing portfolio
• Work with the creative team to create new interactive games and puzzles and physical activities for existing and venues. Become the project manager responsible for the fabrication and installation of new interactives.
• Manage the production design of new attractions, including audio, lighting and video infrastructure design and content management.
• Work with the Marketing department to develop seasonal campaigns and project manage them from concept to execution.
• Work with the finance team to ensure robust budget setting and management, with expenditure accurately recorded, and taking overall accountability for production & technical budget lines
• Ensure all contracts, tenders and procurement activities achieve the best possible value for money whilst not compromising on delivery.
• Provide specific training to the operations team to cover game and activity H&S, operation, resets, and maintenance. Create ‘games bibles’, ‘fault-finding flowcharts’ and other professional documents to support and assist the operations team.
• Develop a Knowledge Management system to capture show-specific information and knowledge held across the organisation that can be archived and accessed.
APPLY BY SENDING CV and COVERING LETTER TO: firstname.lastname@example.org