We are home to three of the world`s great performing art companies: The Royal Ballet, The Royal Opera and the Orchestra of the Royal Opera House. We tell stories that speak to the universal themes that move us all, from the great works of the past to new commissions, reflecting contemporary culture and concerns. Our theatres are in London`s Covent Garden, but our work is accessed and experienced across the UK and globally through touring partnerships, cinema programmes, radio, TV and online streaming.
Learning and Participation (L&P) is central to ROH`s mission to enrich the cultural life of the nation. An extensive programme, based at our Covent Garden and Thurrock homes and across England, aims to inspire creativity and give people of all ages the chance to discover, question and respond to the power of our artforms.
We are seeking to appoint to the newly created role of Digital Strategy Manager within our National Schools Programme. This role will ultimately be responsible for using digital channels to maximise the impact and reach of L&P programmes. The successful candidate will be a digital expert, with a dynamic approach to creative content, who can build strong, effective working relationships cross functionally. This role is subject matter expert within the L&P department, so it is critical that that you are someone who has a broad interest in many different aspects of digital product development - and the arts. An understanding of opera/ballet as art forms is not a pre-requisite but will be highly regarded.
Our ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
1. A strong track record of producing best-in-class digital content in a matrixed environment, with subject matter expertise in content, marketing, and digital product development, and strong understanding of analytics, growth and web product effectiveness
2. Advanced project management skills, with effective leadership with experience of using standard collaboration tools for e.g. (MS Office, Teams, Slack, Trello, Jira), user insights software (Google Analytics, Data Studio, Tableau, Hotjar), CMS systems, and UX / Product design tools
3. An understanding of the current educational context
4. Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the ability to influence stakeholders using logic and data
5. Excellent written skills, including copy editing and experience of writing for digital platforms
6. The ability to work effectively within a team and develop strong relationships with colleagues in various partner teams, at all levels of the organisation
The Royal Opera House is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment in which everyone can thrive. We particularly welcome applications from those who are from a global majority background and/or those who are disabled, as they are under-represented within our organisation. As a Disability Confident Employer, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential minimum criteria for our vacancies.
To apply, please send an up-to-date copy of your CV and a supporting statement, outlining your interest in and suitability for the role to ROH Recruitment Manager on email@example.com