UK Theatre and SOLT are coordinating industry-wide activity to ensure that we respond positively and responsibly to the issue of sexual harassment and abuses of power in the theatre industry. We will support members, and the industry, to share and develop policies and practices that mean theatre is a safe and supportive working environment for everyone. It is vital that many voices from across the industry contribute to these conversations, so that lasting and meaningful change can take place.
We are holding a series of open forum events across the country as opportunities to share and learn from best practice across the industry, and to contribute your views. Other industry bodies, including ITC and the Federation of Scottish Theatre will be involved.
Open forums will take place:
- Wednesday 10 January: LONDON - 32 Rose Street, 2-4pm
- Friday 12 January: LONDON - 32 Rose Street, 2-4pm
- Wednesday 17 January: BRISTOL – Bristol Old Vic, 2-4pm
- Thursday 8 February: MANCHESTER – HOME, 1-3pm – click here to book.
- Friday 9 February: NEWCASTLE – Northern Stage, 2-4pm - click here to book.
- Wednesday 14 February: BIRMINGHAM - Birmingham Hippodrome, 2-4pm - click here to book.
- SCOTLAND – to be announced
Due to capacity we ask that each organisation sends only one representative to their chosen event.