Creative & Cultural Skills has recently launched a brand-new Best Practice Recruitment Guide for Creative Leaders , designed to help employers reflect on how they currently approach recruitment and support them to understand how different entry routes into the workforce can encourage a more diverse and inclusive staff team. The session is aimed at senior members of staff who are responsible for workforce development and recruitment, it will cover a range of topics including:
- Understanding diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Understanding the difference between routes into the workforce, from Industry Placements, Apprenticeships and Volunteering
- Determining employment status
- How to reach the widest pool of talent – from practical advice around job descriptions and approaches to interview
- Introducing a workforce development policy
‘The information provided was excellent… The best practice guide and wider research will really help inform conversations that we have with the wider Company to improve understanding about the range of different pathways we have and ones we want to create to support our aims of diversifying our workforce.’
Rachel Lythe, Head of Learning at Leeds Grand Theatre & Opera House Ltd
What to expect from a Webinar
If you haven't joined a webinar before, here's a step by step guide of how it all works, including how you can ask questions to the panel and how to test that your speakers are working. A few essentials below:
- You will be in front of your own PC.
- You will wear headphones or have your speakers turned on. Please test these in good time before the Webinar starts whilst logged into Zoom.
- You will see slides and hear the panel, but not see them.
- Therefore, if you want to ask a question you type it in.