Missed the webinar? This webinar took place on Thursday 6 February 2020. About the webinar
The four UK arts councils and the BFI have commissioned a feasibility study to determine whether a UK wide arts disability access card scheme (that provides carers or companions with a free ticket) is wanted, is needed and is financially possible.
The feasibility study is seeking feedback from all venues and promoters across the UK - from both the funded and commercial theatre sectors, and all UK Nations and regions including Wales (which has been operating its own version, called Hynt, since 2015.)
This webinar was one of a number of chance to contribute your views.
The previous Chair of the Arts Council of Wales' Equalities Committee, Richie Turner, is leading the UK feasibility study.
Things to think about will be:
- Do you already operate your own disability card access scheme?
- Would you join a UK wide disability card scheme?
- Do you think introducing a UK wide disability access card scheme would help your venue grow its audiences?
- Do you have any other comments about the merits of introducing a UK wide disability access scheme for the arts?
This webinar was available to non-members as well as members.
What to expect from a Webinar
If you haven't joined a webinar before, here's a step by step guide of how it all works, including how you can ask questions to the panel and how to test that your speakers are working. A few essentials below:
- You will be in front of your own PC.
- You will wear headphones or have your speakers turned on. Please test these in good time before the Webinar starts whilst logged into Zoom.
- You will see slides and hear the panel, but not see them.
- Therefore, if you want to ask a question you type it in.