The much-reviled and well-publicised excesses of the secondary ticket market may not have affected theatre as much as they have live music, but many of the issues are the same and reveal some interesting questions about customer service. How do you take action to stop unauthorised resale for profit, offer better service to customers with upfront ticketing policies and still manage commercial expectations?
The webinar will be delivered by Jonathan Brown (Society of Ticket Agents & Retailers - STAR), in conversation with Cassie Chadderton (UK Theatre/SOLT) and Jamie Snelgrove (Theatre Tokens).
This webinar is suitable for
- Senior Management
- Box Office
- Essentially, anyone with an interest or responsibility for ticketing policies, terms and conditions and customer service.
At the end of this webinar you will:
- Learn more about current thinking on exchange, refund and resale ticketing policies and how they fit with customer service.
- Know what to consider and how to take action when looking to restrict the unauthorised resale of tickets.
To ensure that you and other participants get the most out of this session, we are collecting questions in advance. Please submit your questions via www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/resaleWEBINAR by Wednesday 4 September. Due to time constraints questions submitted in advance will be prioritised.
This webinar is free and open to both members and non-members, however, members will be given priority should the webinar become fully booked.
What to expect from a Webinar
If you haven't joined a webinar before, here's a step by step guide of how it all works, including how you can ask questions to the panel and how to test that your speakers are working. A few essentials below:
- You will be in front of your own PC.
- You will wear headphones or have your speakers turned on. Please test these in good time before the Webinar starts whilst logged into Zoom.
- You will see slides and hear the panel, but not see them.
- Therefore, if you want to ask a question you type it in.