A new session covering the basic principles and operation of Theatre Tax Relief, together with an update on recent developments, a review of common problem areas, and a quick update on other tax-related issues.
We will cover:
- Theatre Tax Relief (TTR) basics including qualifying productions, eligible spend, basis of calculation and how to claim
- Developments since the introduction of TTR
- Common problem areas – co-productions, charities, internal charges
- Other tax issues e.g. tax on angels’ profits, SEIS/EIS
- There will be time for questions and answers
This webinar is suitable for
- Producers and general managers (at both commercial and subsidised production companies)
- Finance staff who are involved in production accounting and tax
At the end of this webinar you will:
- Understand the basic principles of computing and submitting a TTR claim
- Be aware of the main pitfalls and problem areas surrounding claims
- Be up to date on sundry tax issues affecting the theatre sector
The webinar will be delivered by Anthony Pins – Senior Partner at entertainment specialist accountants Nyman Libson Paul and Jaivin Vora – Director of the Creative Industries’ Tax Department at Nyman Libson Paul
We will also hold face to face Theatre Tax Relief briefings across the UK.