Nominations are made and voted on by industry experts who have been invited to serve as panelists by the Chief Executive of UK Theatre.
For the production categories there are three panels: Theatre, Opera and Dance.
For the Management categories UK Theatre members can submit their own applications and these are voted on by the Management panel.
The Stage Award for Outstanding Contribution to British Theatre is given by the invitation of the UK Theatre Council.
These awards are open to UK Theatre members working in both the commercial and subsidised sectors of the performing arts. To be eligible for the production categories of UK Theatre Awards, a production has to be either produced by a UK Theatre member or seen in a UK Theatre member theatre or venue. There are a few exceptions which are not eligible:
• Amateur productions
• Royal Shakespeare Company productions in London
• National Theatre productions in London
• Any production in the West End unless it has originated in a UK Theatre venue/theatre
• Festival productions
Nominations will open in the summer for UK Theatre Members to apply for the Management Award categories which will be presented at the UK Theatre Awards 2016. Application forms will be available to download for the following categories:
- Achievement in Marketing
- Promotion of Diversity
- Renee Stepham Award for Best Presentation of Touring Theatre
- UK Theatre Insurance Employee/Manager of the Year