This blog is a space for influential voices from the theatre sector to comment on topical issues, explore new ideas, highlight success stories, share expertise and more.
- A Day in the Life: Prema Mehta
Prema Mehta, tells us about a day in the life of a Freelance Lighting Designer.
20 June 2018
- Theatre & Touring Symposium - what's it all about?
Theatre & Touring Symposium - what's it all about? by Cassie Chadderton, Head of UK Theatre
13 June 2018
- Experience Design hacks that can help you capitalise on the Visitor Economy
Experience Design hacks that can help you capitalise on the Visitor Economy
11 June 2018
- Developing a more diverse generation of theatre-makers: 20 Stories High
Everybody's got a story to telland their own way of telling it Developing a more diverse generation of theatre-makers with 20 Stories High.
06 June 2018
- Michael Simkins: Touring - An Actor's View
Michael Simkins: Touring - An Actor's View
01 June 2018
- Twenty Theatres to See Before You Die by Amber Massie-Blomfield
"I wanted to get off the beaten track to find the theatres in unusual settings and with fascinating back stories, where the art form was being reinvented and thriving against the odds." Amber tells UK Theatre about her new book and how it came about.
25 May 2018
- UNREASONABLE ADJUSTMENTS? Part Two
In Part 2 of his 'Unreasonable Adjustments' blog, Andrew Miller shares details of how he intends to achieve positive change for disabled people in our industry as the Government's first Disability Champion for the Arts & Cultural Sector.
21 May 2018
- It's about time we started to empower Deaf leaders
Paula Garfield, Artistic Director of Deafinitely Theatre blogs for UK Theatre to mark Deaf Awareness Week (14-20 May 2018).
14 May 2018
- Top 10 Insurance Tips
Bev Hewes (Integro Entertainment and Sport) shares with us her top 10 insurance tips.
10 May 2018
- UNREASONABLE ADJUSTMENTS? Part One
Attitudes to disability are being transformed across the cultural sector. "There has never been a better time to be disabled in the arts but my appointment as the Government's first Disability Champion for the Arts & Cultural Sector suggests much more needs to be done." Andrew Miller
07 May 2018
- Beyond Windrush: cultural context and lived experience
Beyond Windrush: cultural context and lived experience
04 May 2018
- Getting social - Creating and communicating over social media
Poppy Burton-Morgan examines how our sector now communicates and creates across social media platforms.
30 April 2018
- Embedding Equality for D/deaf and Disabled People into your Theatre - Top Ten Tips
Michele Taylor, UK Theatre Board Member and Director of Change for Ramps on the Moon, gives us her top ten tips on embedding equality for D/deaf and disabled people into your theatre.
23 April 2018
- Guardians Network: How The Old Vic are encouraging safer and more supportive working practices in theatre
"In the wake of the Kevin Spacey investigation The Old Vic carried out last year, what was clear to us was that having the right policies and processes in place isn't enough, because people could feel uncomfortable using them and seeking help...."
16 April 2018
- English National Ballet's DANCE FOR PARKINSON'S
On World Parkinson's Awareness Day, Laura Harvey, Head of Creative Programmes at English National Ballet, talks about their highly successful Dance for Parkinson's programme
11 April 2018
- Respect Charter: How Bristol Old Vic are encouraging safer and more supportive working practices in theatre
Jane Edwards Reynolds, HR & Company Administration Manager at Bristol Old Vic tell us about the development of their RESPECT Charter and RESPECT Statement, what they are, and how and why they use them.
05 April 2018
- #SaveStageLighting to Save Europe's Theatres
The Association of Lighting Designers has launched a campaign to protect the futures of venues and theatres across Europe.
29 March 2018
- Why autism-friendly performances matter
Why autism-friendly performances matter by Chris Pike, Autism Access Specialist, National Autistic Society
26 March 2018
- Homelessness is Not Just About Housing
"Homelessness is Not Just About Housing". Matt Peacock on the origins of Streetwise Opera and the newly launched 'With One Voice', a movement seeking to connect and strengthen the arts and homelessness sector internationally.
21 March 2018
- A Day in the life...of Liz Crossman, Costume Prop Maker and Milliner
A Day in the life...of Liz Crossman, Costume Prop Maker and Milliner
12 March 2018