A massive ransomware attack hit the NHS earlier this month and spread to 150 countries. The ransomware works by installing malicious code which encrypts files and demands a ransom to be paid in Bitcoins to decrypt the files.
Here are 5 tips from UK Theatre’s Legal team to help guard against ransomware or other cyber attacks
- Ensure all software is up-to-date, use firewalls and anti-virus software, be careful not to open suspicious emails or click on suspicious links, and back up all files.
- Join the Cyber-security Information SharingPartnership (CiSP) - CiSPis a joint Government and industry initiative to share cyber-threat information.
- Engage with the London Digital Security Centre- they deliver masterclasses and workshops in London to help enhance the ability of companies to operate safely to counter cyber threats.
- Increase employee awareness of cyber threats - particularly staff who are non-IT savvy or those who receive many emails with attachments.
- Take a look at the National Cyber Security Centre’s 10 steps to cyber security – it contains useful guidance on protecting your organisation and an introduction to cyber security for executive/board-level staff.
The Legal team provides updates, advice and guidance to UK Theatre Organisation Members and Concert Hall Affiliate Members, and Professional Plus Members.
To get in touch with the team please contact Niamh Dolan (email@example.com or 020 7557 6705).