27 November @ 10:30 – 29 November @ 15:00
This course will provide you with the knowledge and practical tools to tackle the many and varied health and safety issues within that arise within your organisation. This course covers current legislation, theory and practice of health and safety management and includes practical exercises and tests.
- Those in a position of responsibility for the management of health and safety issues in theatre and production environments.
- Introducing IOSH Managing Safely®
- Understanding your responsibilities
- Assessing risk
- Controlling risk
- Identifying hazards
- Manual Handling
- COSHH and Electricity
- Work Equipment
- Occupation Hazards
- Fire Safety
- Noise Awareness
- Work at Height
- Investigating accidents and incidents
- Measuring performance
- Protecting our environment.
- Participants will be awarded an IOSH Managing Safely® Certificate. Delegates will be required to attend all 3 days of training and complete both the written and practical assessments before this is awarded.
- This course is designed and quality controlled by the Institution of Occupational Safety & Health (IOSH).
Phill Brown started his career with the Ministry of Defence working in a variety of positions including UK and International security management. He then moved within the NHS in safety, risk and security management positions, before becoming Risk Management Director for ATG. In 2016 Phill was recruited by Solt|UK Theatre to be the inaugural Head of Risk & Safety for our industry. Phill is a Chartered Fellow of Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (CFIOSH), Fellow & Trustee of International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (FIIRSM) and Fellow of the Association of British Theatre Technicians (ABTT)
Dates & Times
27 November 10:30 – 17:00
28 November 10:00 – 17:00
29 November 09:30 – 14:30
This is a hybrid course. The trainer will be attending in-person. There are in-person places available and limited virtual places available for those who can’t attend all the days in-person.
The final day of the course will be in-person for all attendees, as this day includes the examination.
If you are unable to attend the final day in person, please do get in touch at email@example.com.
EARLYBIRD – UK Theatre & SOLT Members can book this discounted rate until 26 October 2023*
Refunds and Cancellations
You can cancel up until 10 working days prior to the course, and receive a full refund (not including Eventbrite Fee’s, which are non-refundable). Any cancellations after this will not be refunded, but tickets can be transferred to a future course up to one year later. For full terms, please see the section below.
Terms and Conditions
By registering for this course, you agree that you have read and agree to our Terms and Conditions. Read the Terms and Conditions.
If you are attending in-person, please visit the UK Theatre Accessibility page on our website for detailed information.
- Attendees who require a Carer or Personal Assistant to accompany them on the course can book a free Carer ticket by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ramp access at ground floor level (there is otherwise one step into the building).
- Reception and conference rooms are located on the first floor of the building. This can be accessed by the lift or via 25 stairs. Accessible toilets are available on the first and second floors.
- Assistance Dogs welcome throughout the building and to all events – the nearest park is Jubilee Gardens (by Embankment tube station – a 7 minute walk).
- Hearing loop systems are available in the meeting and conference rooms.
- Regular breaks will be scheduled throughout the day.
- If you are attending online, closed captions will be enabled on screen.
Please email email@example.com if you have any additional access needs or questions.