For organisations directly involved in the presentation and/or production of the performing arts.
An invaluable resource which is particularly important for networking opportunities as well as obtaining expert advice in an ever-changing sector.Maggie Fox, Lip Service Theatre
Organisation Membership provides crucial legal and employment relations services, and a comprehensive range of services for theatre businesses and their staff developed over 120 years of supporting the sector.
The annual fee includes a number of Professional Memberships for your staff (dependent on the organisation’s turnover) which provide additional benefits for those named individuals within the organisation. There is the option to purchase additional ‘Top-Ups’ for staff if required.
We will talk you through the rates and terms and conditions of our Collective Agreements, ensure that you are in a position to abide by our Articles of Association and help you decide if this is the right membership for you.
Benefits of Organisation Membership
Events, Networking & Training
- Discounts on UK Theatre’s training courses, national conferences & events
- An invitation to the annual UK Theatre Awards ceremony.
- An invitation to the exclusive UK Theatre AGM & Annual Review.
- Discounted ‘industry body’ rates on training courses delivered by our partners: ABTT, ABO, FST and ITC – please check with each partner for details.
Resources & Guidance
- Expert Legal & Employment Relations support.
- Named members receive the latest Legal & Employment Relations news and briefings, alerting you to updates or changes within the industry.
- Advice and guidance on Risk and Technical as part of our SAFERtheatre offer from our in house expert Phillip Brown (Head of Risk & Technical)
Organisation & Business Development
- Use of the UK Theatre Organisation Members’ marque.
- Free job vacancy listings on UK Theatre website.
- Access to the UK Theatre Members’ Directory with contact details.
- A free listing in the UK Theatre Members’ Directory.
- Voting at our AGM
- Eligibilty to stand for the UK Theatre Board
- Collective bargaining on behalf of members
- Sharing anonymised sales data to help produce the big picture of the state of UK Theatre.
- Helping to shape UK Theatre’s campaigns and advocacy work such as Inspiring the Future of Theatre and Theatre for Every Child campaigns.
Your named Professional members receive:
- Access to exclusive members area of UK Theatre website.
- Our weekly member e-newsletter and regular email updates to keep you informed of key matters of relevance to the industry.
- Regular Legal and Employment Relations updates and guidance.
- Invites to attend our events and information on our training programme.
Discounts & Member Services
- Opportunity to book our meeting rooms at a discounted price for our members.
- Discounts on advertising, recruitment, and paper and digital subscriptions of The Stage.
- Competitive premiums from our preferred insurance partners Integro.
- Free STAR (Society of Ticket Agents and Retailers) membership for all venues with charitable status and a capacity of under 950 seats (charitable venues over 950 seats are charged a small fee per seat but the standard annual fee of £400 is waived).
Terms & Conditions
- Organisation Members of UK Theatre must abide by our Articles of Association.
- If you are interested in becoming an Organisation Member of UK Theatre, please call us on 020 7557 6700 before you apply.
- We will talk you through the rates, terms and conditions of our collective agreements before you apply to ensure you are in a position to abide by our Articles of Association and that this is the right membership for you.