For individuals working in the performing arts at any stage of their career
A network, a resource, a support, and a great source of knowledge.Yvonne Murphy, Omidaze Productions
Professional Membership gives you valuable opportunities to develop your contacts, skills and experience. This membership is designed to keep individuals working in the arts informed, effective and connected, allowing you to flourish in your chosen career, at whatever stage you are at.
- When the Member is earning under £26,500 per annum the price is £80 (Inc VAT) per annum (can be paid by quarterly direct debit)
- When the Member is earning £26,500 or more per annum the price is £160 (Inc VAT) per annum (can be paid by quarterly direct debit)
These prices will take effect for Professional memberships taken out online from 1 January 2023 onwards and any Professional memberships renewed in 2023.
For individuals working in the performing arts as freelancers, sole traders and consultants
A must for anyone working in the industry.Dave Mauchline, Dave Mauchline Theatre Programming
This membership is for professionals who wish to make use of the widest range of services available for individuals. This membership allows you to promote your organisation on a local and national level and develop productive long-lasting relationships.
Professional Plus members get member rates on all of our training and events, can advertise their job vacancies free of charge on our jobs board, and have access to our legal and employment relations alerts, updates and information. 1-1 legal and employment relations advice is not included in this membership. For those who need this additional level of support and/or want to use our Agreement templates, please see our Organisation membership.
- The price of this membership is £256.80 (Inc VAT) per annum (can be paid by quarterly direct debit)
This price will take effect for Professional Plus memberships taken out online from 1 January 2023 onwards and any Professional Plus memberships renewed in 2023.
Benefits of Professional Membership
Events, Networking & Training
- Discounts on UK Theatre’s training courses, national conferences & events.
- An invitation to the annual UK Theatre Awards ceremony.
- An invitation to the exclusive UK Theatre AGM & Annual Review.
- Access to UK Theatre’s established mentoring programme.
- Discounted ‘industry body’ rates on training courses delivered by our partners: ABTT, ABO, FST and ITC – please check with each partner for details.
Resources & Guidance
- The latest Legal & Employment Relations news and briefings, alerting you to updates or changes within the industry.
- Advice and guidance on Risk and Technical as part of our SAFERtheatre offer from our in house expert Phillip Brown (Head of Risk & Technical).
Organisation & Business Development
- Use of the UK Theatre Professional Plus Members’ marque.
- Free job vacancy listings on UK Theatre website.
- Access to the UK Theatre Members’ Directory with contact details.
- A free listing in the UK Theatre Members’ Directory.
- Quarterly sales data reports, which monitor trends around the UK and provide an overview of the theatre industry’s financial health.
- We encourage Professional Plus Members to engage with us and help us shape UK Theatre’s campaigns and advocacy work. such as Inspiring the Future of Theatre Campaign, the Family Arts Campaign and Hearts for the Arts.
- You will also have the right to vote for two Professional representatives on the UK Theatre Board, ensuring your voice is heard and your needs are met.
- Access to exclusive members area of UK Theatre website.
- Our monthly member e-newsletter and regular email updates to keep you informed of key matters of relevance to the industry.
- Regular Legal and Employment Relations updates alerting you to the latest guidance.
- Regular features and articles from the UK Theatre Blog.
- Quarterly sales data reports analysing box office performance across UK Theatre member venues.
Discounts & Member Services
- Opportunity to reserve seating areas for meetings and/or work spaces in UK Theatre Members’ Space at Soho Theatre, with 10% discount on all drinks during opening hours.
- Discounts on advertising, recruitment, and paper and digital subscriptions of The Stage.
- A fantastic variety of other discounts on tickets, room hire and food and drink with member organisations across the UK.
Terms & Conditions
Please read our Subscription Scheme Terms & Conditions before applying.